Korea’s startup news in March 2021
Tech startup news headlines from Korea in March 20201 covered items across a range of areas, including biometric cards for purchases, virtual reality in gaming, government backing for the gaming industry and more.
News listings here provide an overview of the English-language press coverage of Korea’s startup news headlines for the month, collected from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds; each news headline listed links to the free online article behind that headline, available to read in full.
This gives followers of Korea’s startup ecosystem 2 things instantly:
- a quick, at-a-glance overview of technology and startup news from South Korea that was covered in March 2021, (obviously); and
- one-click access to the details behind each Korean tech news headline, letting you focus on the subjects that are of most interest.
You can also download a one-page snapshot of Korea’s tech news:
- South Korea: A brief look at why cryptocurrency trading is so popular in South Korea
- South Korea: Government to invest $20M this year to support the games industry via Korea Creative Content Agency
- Singapore’s Neuron Mobility expands to South Korea, launching electric scooter rental services in Seoul
- South Korea: Mastercard and Samsung partner to develop biometric card that uses a built-in fingerprint sensor to authorize in-store transactions
- South Korea: A brief intro to 5 of the country’s fintech startups, working in crowdfunding, remittances, contactless payments and loan recommendations
- South Korea: A brief intro to 5 of the country’s voice-focused tech startups, driven by artificial intelligence
- South Korea: Miragesoft VR gaming startup gains $2M investment from Softbank Ventures Asia
- ICYMI: South Korea to suspend defence and security exchanges, ban export of arms or other strategic items and reconsider development aid to Myanmar due to military coup
- Vietnam: Applications for 2nd edition of SK Startup Fellowship Programme for early-stage startups closes March 24th, a program from South Korea’s SK Group
The links below will take you to news round-ups focused on particular technologies, rather than technology news from a particular location:
Tech, startups & venture capital // South & SE Asia, Indo-Pacific:
Startup News Asia mobile app