Startup news: South Korea
The Korea startup news collection here pulls together items from April 2021 including the K-Startup Grand Challenge, KoreaTechDesk’s monthly pitch sessions, cryptocurrency regulations and their likely impacts and many more.
Headlines featured outline South Korea’s startup news items for the month, gathered from our all-day startup news feeds; each headline listed connects you to the online article behind that headline – free for you to read, in full. This gives Startup News Asia’s readership:
- an at-a-glance overview of Korea’s startup news from April; and
- immediate access to the startup articles that most interest you.
You can also get Korea’s startup news, daily, via
the social media links at the foot of this page.
More South Korean tech:
- South Korea: Miragesoft VR gaming startup gains $2M investment from Softbank Ventures Asia
- South Korea: K-Startup Grand Challenge 2021 details are being finalised, with startup applications provisionally opening April 15th
- South Korea: Ringle education-tech startup gains $8.9M Series A with video-based 1-to-1 English tutoring, supplied by Ivy League tutors
- South Korea: KoreaTechDesk launches Monthly Pitch sessions for Korean startups, providing 5 startups with the opportunity to pitch to two VCs for 10 minutes
- South Korea: LG to close down its smartphone business, aiming to instead allocate resources to EV components, connected devices, smart homes, robotics and AI
- South Korea: K-Startup Grand Challenge 2021 applications now open, closing June 15th, seeking 60 startup teams
- IC Insights semiconductor research finds South Korea’s Samsung and Taiwan’s TSMC investments, combined, make up 43% of spending this year, outpacing US and China
- South Korea: An intro to 10 of the country’s venture capital firms and the companies and sectors they invest in
- South Korea: Smaller cryptocurrency exchanges likely to close later in the year as new anti-money laundering regulations take effect
- South Korea: Pitch Contest applications for Tech4Good startups close May 2nd, with selected startups presenting at Tech4Good Summit 2021 later in May
- South Korea: New Samsung Galaxy Quantum 2 uses quantum cryptography to secure apps with built-in random number generator chip, creating a new level of consumer security
- South Korea: Klaytn blockchain firm partners with ConsenSys to work towards a Korean central bank digital currency, a digital won
- Download: 6G – The Next Hyper Connected Experience for All, from Samsung (pdf)
- Vietnam enters partnership with South Korea’s Naver, country’s largest internet company, in national strategy move aiming for global player status in artificial intelligence
ASIA’S TECH NEWS, Daily
Startup News Asia app: All-day updates on tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania.
Asia’s TECH NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s ongoing updates on social media:
You can alternatively get an overview of Asian technology news in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.