Thailand’s tech startup news
in March 2021
Tech and startup news headlines from Thailand in March 20201 covered areas including the use of blockchain for regiona, cross-border payments, the government’s digital development plan, Facebook’s ban of military-run disinformation and more.
The news listing below provides an overview of the English-language press coverage of Thailand’s tech and startup news headlines for the month, pulled from our daily news feeds; each headline listed links to the article behind that headline, available for you to read in full, online and free of charge.
This gives followers of Thailand’s tech ecosystem two things instantly:
- a quick, one-page overview of the month’s tech and startup-related news from Thailand, (obviously); and
- one-click access to the full story behind each Thai tech news headline, letting you focus only on what’s of most interest to you.
You can also download a 1-page snapshot of Thailand’s tech news:
- Thailand: Facebook takes down 185 accounts and groups engaged in information-influencing operation run by military, first time FB has removed accounts with gov’t ties
- Thailand’s Siam Commercial Bank and Indonesia’s Traveloka form JV to offer financial services and products to Thai customers
- ICYMI: HK Monetary Authority and Bank of Thailand announce central banks of China and UAE to join project using blockchain for regional payments
- Download: Perspectives on Thailand’s Digital Ecosystem, from Dr. Kid Parchariyanon (pdf)
- Download: Thailand Digital Government Development Plan 2017-2021 (pdf)
- Reference: Digital, Creative, and Startup Ecosystem, September 2019, from the Thailand Board of Investment (pdf)
The links below will take you to news round-ups focused on particular technologies, rather than technology news from a particular location:
Tech, startups & venture capital // South & SE Asia, Indo-Pacific:
Startup News Asia mobile app