Taiwan’s technology news
in March 2021
Tech and startup news headlines from Taiwan in March 20201 covered items across a range of areas, including Foxconn’s recent wide-ranging moves, the launch of StartupBlink’s Taiwan Ecosystem Report, Taiwan Mobile’s regional moves and more.
The news listing below provides an overview of the English-language press coverage of Taiwan’s tech and startup news headlines for the month, gathered from our daily news feeds; each news headline listed is linked to the free, online article behind that headline, available for you to read in full.
This gives followers of Taiwan’s tech ecosystem two things instantly:
- a quick, one-page overview of the month’s tech and startup-related news from Taiwan, (obviously); and
- one-click access to the full story behind each Taiwan tech news headline, letting you focus only on what’s of most interest to you.
You can also download a 1-page snapshot of Taiwan’s tech news:
- Taiwan’s Apple supplier, Foxconn, partners US electric-vehicle startup, Fisker, with plans to codevelop an EV model with mass production aiming for Q4 2023
- Taiwan Ecosystem Report Launch Event set for March 4th, online, from StartupBlink
- Taiwan: Act Governing Electronic Payment Institutions takes effect in July, allowing non-banking institutions to apply for licenses for outward remittance services
- Taiwan: Influenxio gains $2M pre-A backing with marketing platform focused on connecting brands with Instagram ‘microinfluencers’
- “Taiwan’s prowess in high-tech manufacturing and data privacy could make Taiwan firms unsung heroes of the global competition over standard setting for emerging technologies.”
- Taiwan: 2021 Smart City Summit & Expo set for March 23-26, running online
- Taiwan Mobile to expand deployments in Southeast Asia with partners in e-commerce, digital advertising, gaming and more, as part of ‘super 5G’ strategy
- Cisco Taiwan establishes its first Asia Pacific DevNet center at Startup Terrace to provide information security training and talent incubation
- ICYMI: Taiwan’s Foxconn may revive Wisconsin factory plans, aiming to finalise plans in July if electric vehicles are deemed a focus area for the company
- Taiwan: Gov’t to establish ministry of digital development in 2022 to drive digital transformation, boost digital economy and improve info and communications security
- Vietnam’s Vingroup and Taiwan’s Foxconn in early-stage talks around partnership to focus on developing EV batteries and electric car parts
The links below will take you to news round-ups focused on particular technologies, rather than technology news from a particular location:
Tech, startups & venture capital // South & SE Asia, Indo-Pacific:
Startup News Asia mobile app