Singapore’s technology news
in March 2021
Technology news headlines from Singapore in March 2021 covered items across areas including blockchain startups incubation, facial scanning in banking, new venture capital funds, citizen education around artificial intelligence and more.
News items listed here represent a snapshot of the English-language press coverage of Singapore’s technology news headlines for the month, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds; each item links to the free online article behind that headline, available to read in full.
This gives followers of Singapore’s technology scenes two things immediately:
- a quick one-page overview of March 2021’s technology and startup news from Singapore, (obviously); and
- one-click access to the details behind each Singaporean tech news headline, letting you focus on the subjects that are of most interest.
You can also download a 1-page snapshot of Singapore’s tech news:
- Singapore-based Asia Partners closes inaugural fund at $384M in commitments, making it the largest debut tech fund focused on SE Asia
- Cyber Security Agency of Singapore to launch SG Cyber Safe Programme to help Singapore’s enterprises raise their cybersecurity posture
- A brief intro to the 7 startups graduating from the 10th cohort of Taiwan’s Mobile Only Accelerator, hailing from Singapore, Pakistan, Hong Kong and India
- CyberTech Asia 2021 Conference set for July 21-23
- Halal Angels Network partners HalalNexus, aiming to make Singapore a hub for halal startups
- Storms, publisher for gamers and games creators, gains Series A funding from government’s EDB New Ventures
- Singapore’s Zilliqa blockchain company launches $5M fund for ZILHive Incubator and ZILHive Ventures, looking at backing 15 firms building on its platform
- Mindful Wealth launches 2 new funds, Impact Global Ventures, a fund-of-funds, and Intent Fund I, an early-stage tech startup investment fund
- OCBC Bank introduces face verification for ATM banking transactions, becoming the first bank to do so in SE Asia
- Singapore Management Uni unveils winners of Lee Kuan Yew Global Business Plan Competition, drawn from 800+ entries across 60 countries
- Singapore rolls out Intel’s free 4-hour online course, AI For Citizens, aiming to demystify artificial intelligence for the non-techie
- Singapore’s Insignia Ventures Partners’ take on 7 trends to look for in ASEAN’s fintech scene in 2021
- dltledgers fintech firm completes Series A round, raising $7M with blockchain-based platform for trade and supply chain finance digitisation
The links below will take you to news round-ups focused on particular technologies, rather than technology news from a particular location:
Tech, startups & venture capital // South & SE Asia, Indo-Pacific:
Startup News Asia mobile app