Hong Kong’s tech news
Hong Kong tech snapshot: November 2020
Hong Kong startup news headlines below present a snapshot collected from online media coverage of Hong Kong’s tech, startup and VC news from November 2020.
Each Hong Kong tech news headline listed is hyperlinked to the full article behind it, giving readers an at-a-glance listing of Hong Kong’s startup and technology spaces, and also connecting readers directly to only the full articles that are of most interest.
Hong Kong tech news items here aim to provide a wide-angle look at Hong Kong’s startup news; subjects range from small to large, from pre-Series A to major financial investments in Hong Kong’s startups.
Items are also broader than simply coverage of Hong Kong startups; data security, privacy and other technology-related news from Hong Kong is also featured, to provide a broad knowledge base.
- Hong Kong: Silentmode fitness wearables startup raises $1M pre-series A, building on existing products with launch of new Breathonics ‘gamified meditation’ app
- Hong Kong: Statrys digital payment services platform raises $5M with SME focus, and payments and trades offered in 11 currencies
- Hong Kong: Moody’s financial services firm acquires minority stake in MioTech, HK fintech using AI to generate data for asset managers and investors
- Hong Kong: Coherent insurtech startup secures $14M Series A in part from Franklin Templeton with focus on aiding insurance providers in digitizing backend operations
- Hong Kong: Pickupp logistics startup lands Series A with 4-hour delivery tech solutions and presence in Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan
- China’s Ping An Smart City and Hong Kong-based Sino Group launch PropXTech program with broad property-tech and real estate tech aims
- Hong Kong’s Elevator Pitch Competition 2020 selects The Philippines’ PearlPay as winner of fintech category
Asia’s startup news, TODAY
All-day tech and startup news updates from Startup News Asia covering South and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand, along with technology news items from the wider world:
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •