April, May & June 2020
Startup Sri Lanka
Startup News Asia’s quarterly round-up of Sri Lanka’s startup news from April, May and June 2020.
Items below are tech-focused articles or startup news headline from Q2 2020 covering Sri Lanka’s startup space in some way – announcements by Sri Lankan startups about products, pivots or funding round, or an article outlining changes to an aspect of the Sri Lankan startup scene generally, for instance.
The focus here is on Sri Lanka, but we include ‘outside world’ technology and startup news headlines to provide Sri Lanka’s startup entrepreneurs with more points-of-reference, food for thought for early-stage Sri Lankan startups, and wider tech industry knowledge.
- Sri Lanka: An overview of results from the recent survey conducted by Startup Genome, ‘Effects of COVID-19 on Sri Lanka Tech Startups’
- Download: Sri Lanka – preliminary metrics from the recent Startup Genome survey of Sri Lanka’s tech startup responses to COVID-19 (pdf)
- Sri Lanka: An intro to 20 of the country’s startups, working in e-commerce, mobility solutions, AR, agritech and more
- Sri Lanka: An overview of the country’s startup ecosystem, drawn in part from findings of the 2020 Global Startup Ecosystem Report
- Sri Lanka: UNDP HackaDev program launches Innovation Challenge to crowdsource ideas for COVID-19 recovery
- Sri Lanka: Applications for Colombo Founder Institute program are now open, with final deadline set for August
- Sri Lanka: AI Academy partnered by Microsoft for country’s first education institute focused on applied artificial intelligence
- Sri Lanka: A look at how FindMyFare redeployed its travel consultants to medical services roles, a job-saving pivot in response to COVID-19
- Sri Lanka: An interview intro to Bear Appeal clothing brand, selling unbranded basics without logos or designs
- Sri Lanka: A brief intro to iLoan, representing Sri Lanka at Seedstars World Summit with tech-backed credit assessment for SMEs
- Sri Lanka: A brief intro to 10 of the country’s online travel startups, from discovery to payments
Startups: Get featured
To have your startup banner featured in future Australian startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or to have a news item distributed on our daily startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app