Tech news from The Philippines in July 2023 touched on technologies, issues and developments including: the Philippines’ first virtual e-SIM card for mobile phones; the Founders Launchpad program; satellite communications service development in The Philippines; and more.
Hit the links below to read these articles, and more, in full.
- Download: “From Disinformation to Influence Operations: The Evolution of Disinformation in Three Electoral Cycles in the Philippines” from InterNews
- Philippines: PayMongo payments firm partners Founders Launchpad and Draper Startup House for Founders Launchpad, selecting 6 tech startups for 12-week MVP program
- Smart Communications telco launches the Philippines’ first Prepaid ‘virtual’ eSIM, allowing customers to access mobile services without needing to buy a physical SIM card
“An eSIM is a virtual SIM that allows customers to access prepaid mobile services without the need to buy a physical SIM card. Customers can simply scan a QR code using their eSIM-compatible smartphone and register their new mobile number online.”
- Philippine Blockchain Week 2023 set for September 18-22, running from Manila
- Philippines: Astranis space-based ‘net startup to launch and operate dedicated Philippines satellite capable of connecting 2M people, partnering Orbits Corp for satellite services
A video intro to BreederDAO, offering ‘breeding’ and crafting of NFT characters
- Artificial intelligence and the Philippines: “…digital automation could make 1.1 million roles in the Philippines obsolete by 2028.”
- Philippines: Shell LiveWIRE 2023 unveils 11 community enterprises and tech startups selected for acceleration program
- Malaysia’s MY EG gains regulatory approval for blockchain-based customs clearance and processing on trade flows between the Philippines and China
All-day tech news updates from across South & Southeast Asia and the broad Indo-Pacific region: