Tech news headlines, India
February 2022’s tech news summary for India delivers a snapshot of the month’s technology news headlines, looking at India’s tech startup and VC developments, alongside providing links to relevant India-focused reports and downloads.
Headlines for India’s startup news are below; each tech news headline links to the article, item, opinion piece or download behind it – no middleman service, no intrusive ads, just Startup News Asia’s 1-click access to the Indian tech news headlines that interest you.
See the links at the foot of the page for Startup News Asia’s daily feeds on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, Instagram and beyond.
- India: Scaler Academy raises $55M Series B with edtech platform focused on helping college students and tech professionals upgrade their skills
- India: Finance minister announces the country will launch a digital version of the rupee, potentially this year, and a 30% tax on income from digital assets
- India: Media-Tech Accelerator launched by IIIT Hyderabad and Arka Media Works, seeking startups in virtual production, Web3, media and journalism
- India: Invact Metaversity, new project from former Twitter India head, raises funding on valuation of $33M with ‘immersive virtual MBA platform’
- India: An intro to CoutLoot, social commerce firm helping SMEs and street vendors sell online, cataloguing offline inventory for online sale and providing logistics, payments and more
- Digital currencies: “…could end up reducing the importance of intermediaries such as card networks, payments gateways and even people involved in reconciling payments…”
- India: Gov’t bans 54 more apps of Chinese origin from publishers including Tencent and Alibaba citing surveillance and espionage concerns around data transmission and storage
- India: A look at Hyderabad’s levels of public surveillance, the highest in the country with 500,000 cameras, compared with New Delhi’s 5000 cameras
- India and digital currency: ‘India needs to solve the problem of enforceability of small value commercial contracts through CBDC [but] does not need CBDC for wholesale payments…’
- India: NXP India Tech Startup Challenge 2022 launches, backed by gov’t, to boost startups in IP, processor development, semiconductors and embedded products
- India’s Tata Consultancy Svcs launches Digital Garage innovation and digital collab centre in Sydney, Australia, to bring the firm’s global capabilities to the Australian market
- India: SmartCoin micro-lending startup raises near $7M Series B with small-ticket personal loans to merchants, the self-employed, SMEs and others
- India: Krishify raises $3.5M with platform allowing farmers, rural communities and other agri-stakeholders to discover, interact and transact among themselves
- India: An intro to STEMROBO, helping students to learn, program and experiment in STEM-robotics, with 1500 schools now running in-class education and coding sessions
- India’s Bharti Airtel telco giant takes stake in Singapore’s Aqilliz blockchain platform, aiming to implement at scale across primarily advertising endpoints
- India: Bhanzu raises $2M with mathematics-focused edtech delivered via live online sessions, clocking over 1M student teaching hours to date
- Malaysia’s Curlec fintech firm has majority stake taken by India’s Razorpay, widening Razorpay’s regional growth moves
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.