Tech news headlines, Australia
The February 2022 technology headlines round-up from Australia provides a snapshot of the month’s tech news, covering Australia’s tech, startup and venture capital funding news, along with links to relevant reports and downloads.
Headlines for Australia’s startup news are listed below, with each tech news headline linked directly to the article, news item, commentary or download behind it – no middlemen services, no intrusive ads, just Startup News Asia’s one-click access to the Australian tech headlines that interest you the most.
See the links at the foot of the page for Startup News Asia’s daily feeds on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, Instagram and beyond.
- Australia’s AirTree Ventures VC firm raises Au$700M, to be divided between 3 investment vehicles including Au$200M early-stage fund and Au$50M Web3 startups fund
- Australia: E-commerce startup, Instant, secures $2.2M pre-seed funding, founded by teenagers and providing a one-click online store checkout system to beat abandoned carts
- FinTech Australia Ecosystem Map is online now, and is seeking listings from fintech and banking tech firms
- Australia: Commonwealth Bank joins $31M funding round for OwnHome, seeing opportunity presented by home ownership rent-to-own iteration of buy-now-pay-later concept
- Australia’s Immutable X platform partnered by GameStop for NFT marketplace for launch later in 2022; and to launch US$100M grants fund for developers to build on the platform
- Australia’s Eden Towers and Scotland’s IGS partner for commercial-scale vertical farm that will be powered by up to 100% solar energy, and with sights on carbon neutrality by 2024
- Australia: Regional NSW police department starts logging locations of residential surveillance cameras to help fight crime, prompting privacy concerns
- Australia: Cherry Recommends AI startup selected for Y Combinator accelerator program with focus on increasing customer engagement, conversion and retention
- Australia: 20% stake in Paypa Plane fintech taken by Commonwealth Bank of Australia in bid to improve payment experiences for its small business customers
- Australia: Finnie Awards entries are now open, showcasing the best of the Australian fintech industry
- Australia: Slyp raises $25M Series A funding with mission to digitize receipts for businesses and consumers, with 4 major banks supporting
- Australia: National Space Industry Hub and mentorship program launches, joint initiative between NSW gov’t and Cicada Innovations deep tech incubator
- Australia: Forcite motorcycle tech firm raises near $6M with ‘smart helmets’ featuring LED notifications of oncoming road hazards and more
- Australia: An intro to Camplify, peer-to-peer marketplace allowing owners of campervans, caravans, RVs and motorhomes to rent vehicles to holidaymakers
- Australia: Non-profit Ocean Impact Organisation launches $2.5M accelerator program and venture capital fund, partnering with Energy Lab and Impact Ventures
- Australia: PropHero raises $1.6M seed round with data-driven, AI-backed property investment platform
- Australia: Tiiik startup lands Au$5.2M seed funding with digital wallet enabling investors to save, spend and earn interest on crypto products
- Australian Honey Ventures raises $1.5M in equity crowdfunding campaign, with revenue-sharing for beekeepers and pricing focused on antibacterial strength of honey
- Australia: Upflowy raises $4M with no-code, drag-and-drop platform for A/B testing and personalization for the web and mobile, helping online businesses boost conversions
- Australia: DAO Basics webinar, Demystifying Decentralised Autonomous Organisations, set for March 1st
- New Zealand’s LawVu partners Australia’s Law Squared for cloud-based platform for in-house legal teams, streamlining and integrating working processes and systems
- India’s Tata Consultancy Svcs launches Digital Garage innovation and digital collab centre in Sydney, Australia, to bring the firm’s global capabilities to the Australian market
- ICYMI: Australian Gov’t commits Au$4.9M to Ascend Vietnam Ventures fund to boost local startups
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.