Tech in The Philippines
Our Philippines-focused technology news round-up for October 2021 is drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds. This month’s articles cover items across technologies, issues, startups and more including:
The Philippines tech and startup news headlines below are linked to the online news article behind the headline, giving readers instant, 1-click access to the Filipino tech news, articles, downloads and reports you need to understand The Philippines’ tech scene.
You can also get tech news from across Asia and the broad Indo-Pacific with our daily updates – social, mobile, email and more.
- Philippines: 8Ventures’ CEO joins CNN Philippines’ The Final Pitch reality TV show as judge, bringing knowledge across cryptocurrency, cybersecurity, fintech and more
- Philippines: Axie Infinity blockchain-based play-to-earn gaming firm to launch a decentralized exchange, making it easier to move tokens off the platform to trade them
- Philippines: A brief interview intro to the Cybersecurity Bureau’s Genalyn Macalinao, Policy Lead creating cybersec plans for the country’s government
- Philippines: Yield Guild Games partners Merit Circle decentralized autonomous organization to expand play-to-earn scholarship model for developing countries
- 5 Philippine Startup Challenge winners to each receive equity-free grants from Dep’t of Info and Communications Tech, with student category entries closing in December
- Philippines: An interview intro to Angkas motorbike ride-sharing app, in part helping boost the income of low-income families
- Philippines: F(DEV), venture builder backed by Filinvest Group, marks first anniversary of transforming bricks-and-mortar industries with tech-based business models
- Philippines: Prosperna e-commerce launches MSME-focused free plan, helping businesses set up stores, take orders online and via social, manage shipping and more
- The Philippines’ Commission on Elections recently ran trials of blockchain-based voting for residents and overseas workers in attempt to address low voter turnout
- Mark your calendar – Philippine Startup Week is set for November 15-19, running online
- Philippines: Startup AQADEMY’s Youth Technopreneurs Forum is set for November 5th, running virtually via Zoom
- Philippines: CloudEats raises $5M Series A with ‘cloud kitchen’ services focused on food delivery firms
- Philippines: Elon Musk’s Starlink in talks with 2 of the country’s telcos to launch ultrafast low-earth-orbit satellite internet, aiming for 2022 roll-out
Our other editions provide a variety of ways to keep up to date with the technology ecosystems across Asia and the Indo-Pacific – email, social media, on Medium, by mobile app and more.