Singapore’s startup news in November 2021 covered items on subjects including: artificial intelligence focused on industrial applications; the OCBC’s considerations around establishing a cryptocurrency exchange; Singapore-based buy-now-pay-later services experiencing SEA-wide growth; and more.
- A brief look at Singapore’s OneService app, aiming to improve communication between citizens and social services agencies and including features like Help Neighbour
- Blockchain Association Singapore and China’s AntChain ink MOUs around collaboration, blockchain adoption and promotion in Singapore, China and across ASEAN
- Accelerating Asia accelerator and VC for pre-Series A startups unveils its 5th cohort covering 8 industries including e-commerce, fintech, healthtech and more
- A brief intro to Singapore-based Nextevo, launching ready-to-spin fibres and yarns made from pineapple leaves usually discarded as waste
- Singapore: The 100 Experiments, AI Singapore programme aiming to solve industrial artificial intelligence problem statements, helping them build their own AI teams
- Singapore’s Doctor Anywhere telehealth startup acquires Doctor Raksa, Thailand’s largest telemedicine platform, with sights on becoming SEA’s pre-eminent omnichannel healthcare provider
- Singapore: TreeDots raises $11M Series A to cut food waste with vertically integrated supply chain, B2B marketplace and group buying by consumers
- Singapore’s Horangi cloud-focused cybersecurity firm partners Huawei Cloud for security solutions for organisations across 10 countries in Asia Pacific
- Singapore: Central bank to launch ‘Project Orchid’ to explore the tech infrastructure and competencies needed to issue a digital Singapore dollar
- Singapore: Coinhako platform the first local non-bank cryptocurrency exchange to receive in-principal approval from Monetary Authority to provide digital payment token services
- Singapore’s Deskimo, on-demand app allowing people to find co-working spaces and pay by the minute, raises $3M, and soft launches in Jakarta
- Singapore leg of World Blockchain Summit set for February 24-25 2022, bringing together all things crypto, defi and NFT
- Singapore: Pace buy-now-pay-later fintech firm raises $40M Series A, looking to build on existing presence across more than 3000 locations in 4 SEA nations
- F10 Singapore unveils 9 startups selected for Incubation Programme Batch 3, working in NFTs, crypto, fintech and more
- Singapore’s Oversea-Chinese Banking Corp considering establishing a cryptocurrency exchange in response to customer demand
- ICYMI: Quantumcyte selected as Singapore’s SLINGSHOT Grand Winner, with AI-driven tissue dissection, providing more accurate test results for cancer patients
- Singapore: An intro to Aespada, platform for booking minibuses to ferry migrant workers as a better alternative to lorries
- South Korea’s TheVentures, early-stage startup incubator and VC firm, expands with launch of TheVentures Singapore
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.