Startup news: Malaysia
The April 2021 startup news collection from Malaysia gathers headlines including 1337 Ventures’ Alpha Startups accelerator, the Digital Maker Hubs initiative, cross-border payments developments, digital banking licenses and more.
Bullet-listed items here collect Malaysia’s startup headlines for April, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds; each item links to the free-to-read online article behind that Malaysian startup news headline. This gives our readers:
- a quick reference to Malaysia’s startup news for the month; and
- 1-click access to the startup news articles of most interest to you.
You can also get Malaysian startup news updates every day
using the social media links at the foot of this page.
More of Malaysia’s tech news:
- Malaysia edition of Cyber Security Asia 2021 event set for July 5-6, with Cambodia edition set for October 25-26
- Malaysia: Bank Negara Malaysia may assign up to 5 digital banking licenses by Q1 2022, favouring applications that focus on ‘unserved and underserved’ Malaysians
- ICYMI: Alpha Startups 2021 Digital Accelerator is open for idea stage to Series A startups in, or serving, Malaysia, or with a Malaysian co-founder – applications close April 11th
- Malaysia: 40% stake in Tranglo cross-border payments firm acquired by Ripple blockchain payments giant
- Malaysia: An intro to Think City, looking to re-energize Kuala Lumpur city centre using data collection and analysis
- Malaysia: Ministry of Education and MDEC expand Digital Maker Hubs initiative from 24 schools to nation-wide program via public-private partnerships
- Malaysia: 1337 Ventures kicks off Alpha Startups Digital Accelerator 2021 programme with 99 teams taking part
- Malaysia: 2021 Alpha Startups pre-accelerator programme opens for Batch 1 applications, in partnership with FWD Start-up Studio
- Malaysia: An interview intro to the country’s digitalisation strategy, looking at use of cloud platforms, artificial intelligence and blockchain
- Malaysia: Ministry of Science, Tech and Innovation to consolidate Technology Park Malaysia and Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre into a single commercialisation agency
- Cambodia: Malaysia’s Thada and Singapore’s Oyika partner to supply Kingdom with battery-swappable electric scooters, focusing on rural communities
ASIA’S TECH NEWS, Daily
Startup News Asia app: All-day updates on tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania.
Asia’s TECH NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s ongoing updates on social media:
You can alternatively get an overview of Asian technology news in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.