Startup news: Japan
Japan’s tech startup news in April 2021 covered headline items including the Bank of Japan’s steps toward a digital currency, buy-now-pay-later services, cashierless stores, community-focused digital currencies and more.
Headline items here gather Japan’s tech startup news for April, drawn from Startup News Asia’s all-day updates; each headline link will take you to the online article behind that headline, free-to-read and in-full. This gives Japanese technology enthusiasts:
- a one-glance grasp of Japan’s tech startup news for the month; and
- one-click access to the Japanese tech news that most interests you.
You can also get Japan’s tech startup news every day via
the social media links at the foot of this page.
More from Japan:
- Japan: Shibuya Startup Support, a concierge for entrepreneurs, provided by Shibuya City Office in Tokyo
- Japan: Minna Bank, digital banking arm of Fukuoka Financial Group, expected to launch in May, partnered with Accenture and running on Google cloud infrastructure
- Japan: Startup City Acceleration Program Demo Day set for April 12th, running virtually and showcasing 23 of Japan’s leading tech startups
- Japan: A look at how some municipalities are embracing digital currency, launching community-focused digital money initiatives to boost local economy and identity
- Bank of Japan launches first phase of experimenting with a central bank digital currency, testing technical feasibility of core functions and features
- Japan: Paidy buy-now-pay-later provider completes Series D, raising $120M with more than 5M consumer accounts and 7K company accounts
- Japan: Daiei supermarket chain, affiliate of Aeon, to open cashierless store in Tokyo in partnership with China’s Cloudpick
- Japan: Sagawa Express Co delivery firm unveils electric vehicle prototype jointly produced with startup, ASF, in first step towards electrifying 7200-strong delivery van fleet
- Japan: ANA airline group to launch drone delivery service using Germany’s Wingcopter startup to carry necessities to remote islands and mountain regions
- Japan: Paidy BNPL firm launches Paidy Link mobile wallet integration feature, partnering with PayPal and allowing users to pay for purchases in monthly instalments
- XELS blockchain-based carbon offset platform gains Bittrex listing for XELS token, providing tokenised voluntary carbon offset credits for individuals and companies
- Singapore: Glints online recruitment platform gains $22.5M backing led by Japan’s Persol, one of the country’s largest temporary staffing companies
ASIA’S TECH NEWS, Daily
Startup News Asia app: All-day updates on tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania.
Asia’s TECH NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s ongoing updates on social media:
You can alternatively get an overview of Asian technology news in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.