Singapore’s startup news headlines from December 2020
via Startup News Asia
The Singapore startup news headlines below were gathered from a wide range of free-to-read online news sources, each covering Singapore’s startup, technology and VC movements across December 2020 in some way.
Singapore startup news headlines featured are each hyperlinked to the full news article behind that headline, in full, providing readers with both an overview of Singapore’s startups and ecosystem, along with fuller information on the particular startup and technology-related items headlined.
Bear in mind that December is a quiet news month for the startup scene generally; for a fuller picture of monthly startup news from Singapore and beyond, take a look at 2020 in review.
- Singapore: Intellect mental health startup gains seed funding with app based on cognitive behavioral therapy and a mental health platform for employers
- Singapore Week of Innovation & Technology runs from December 7-11, and set to feature over 200 sessions and more than 600 speakers
- F10, supported by Swiss stock exchange operator and R3, partners PwC Singapore for accreditation program for fintechs on its incubator and acceleration program
- Singapore’s CardUp fintech startup partners Visa for Hong Kong launch, allowing users to make payments with credit cards where recipients don’t accept card payments
- Singapore Blockchain Innovation Programme launched by gov’t agencies group with $8.9M to develop, commercialize and encourage blockchain tech adoption
- SEEDS Capital, investment arm of Enterprise Singapore, to open call for new private sector partners to co-invest in startups under Startup SG Equity scheme
- Singapore: 4 of 14 applications for digital banking licenses were accepted – and 3 of those 4 are internet companies, not financial giants
- An overview of Singapore Tourism Accelerator programme, and an intro to SmartGuide, one of the programme’s selected startups
- Blockchain for Trade & Connectivity Network launched by University of Social Sciences and Enterprise Singapore to test blockchain solutions for supply chains and trade
- Singapore Startup Resource List: 525+ Accelerators, Incubators, Investors and more, from Founder Institute
- Singapore: NextBillion AI firm takes top prize at Slingshot competition, pulling in $250K in grants
- Singapore: Appboxo raises $1.1M seed funding with mini-app approach allowing any developer to expand their app towards super-app functionality
- Singapore: Cheers convenience store deploys cashierless, cashless store, driven by AI system, facial recognition and Visa-linked mobile app
- Singapore’s DBS bank launches currency and crypto exchange, allowing traders to exchange 4 currencies for 4 cryptocurrencies
- Singapore: Finantier open finance startup gains backing with API providing financial services with access to consent-given user data
- Singapore: An intro to EyRis, fast-growing medtech startup using AI to detect 3 types of eye disease
Asia’s startup news today
Startup News Asia’s all-day news updates on technology, startups and VC funding, looking at 17 primary locations: