Startup news: Indonesia
The April 2020 Indonesian startup news summary, covering Indonesia’s tech and funding news across the country’s startup scene. News is gathered at the country level, rather than at the country-plus-technology level, to provide an overview of the Indonesian startup ecosystem’s activity levels and news coverage.
The links listed below are Indonesian startup news headlines from April 2020, with links connecting you to the online news source for each headline, usually covering either an individual Indonesian startup or some aspect of the wider Indonesian startup ecosystem – venture capital, government startup support initiatives, or technology industry news, for instance.
Please take a moment to visit our friends/partners as well, displayed in the banner ads below; these are Indonesian startups or initiatives worthy of notice, support and startup news headlines of their own.
- Indonesia: Facebook in partnership talks with GoPay, Ovo and LinkAja to launch Facebook Pay mobile payments
- Indonesia’s Gojek, ride-hailing and food-delivery giant, acquires Moka mobile point-of-sale payments startup for $130M
- Indonesia’s Modalku P2P lender (Funding Societies in Singapore) raises $40M in part to aid loans restructuring by MSMEs affected by COVID-19
- Indonesia: Qoala insurtech startup raises $13.5M Series A, benefiting from prominent brand partnerships
- A brief intro to the 8 SE Asian startups receiving $1-2M from Sequoia’s Surge scale-up program, from Indonesia, Vietnam and Singapore
- Indonesia: TaniHub gains $17M funding with B2B agri marketplace, connecting farmers with SMEs, hotels, restaurants, food processors and retail customers
- ICYMI: Indonesia Pasti Bisa crowdfunding movement initiated by East Ventures VC firm to support development of COVID-19 test kits to fight coronavirus pandemic
- Indonesia: US startup, Fairbanc, preps for launch of AI-powered mobile loan and payments platform for SMEs, following initial testing in Bangladesh and Indonesia
- Indonesia: RaRa Delivery secures $834K seed funding led by 500 Startups with last-mile, same-day delivery service focused on e-commerce businesses in SE Asia
- Indonesia: VC firms Convergence and Agaeti merge to form AC Ventures, aiming to back 35 early-stage Indonesian tech startups over 3 years
- Indonesia: DailySocial and partners launch DSLaunchpad, the country’s largest startup incubation program, online and with an intake of 100 startups
- Indonesia: BukuWarung MSME-focused accounting app gains funding, helping 250K clients digitize their bookkeeping in more than 500 towns and cities
- Indonesia’s Investree plans peer-to-peer lending services expansion to Thailand and Philippines following $23.5M fundraise
- Indonesia: Webtrace land-transport logistics startup gains seed funding with IoT-driven real-time optimization data
- Indonesia: KoinWorks raises $20M with financial P2P platform for SMEs, with plans for 8 new services
- A brief intro to 5 of Southeast Asia’s property-tech startups
To have your startup banner included in future online Australian startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or on our daily Australian startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.