Hong Kong’s startups
in April 2019
Note: Obviously, a city like Hong Kong has a constant volume of tech, funding and startup activity that is belied by news coverage like April 2019’s below.
We’ll be revising our channels for curation around HK thru May 2019, and aim to have a better representation of Hong Kong’s startup activity for May/June 2019.
- Hong Kong: Trailer unveiled for Kowloon Forest virtual reality film
- Hong Kong: Amazon cloud business to launch as competition with Chinese rivals heats up
- Hong Kong: Agorize online platform for Open Innovation challenges raises US$14.6M to step up international growth
- Hong Kong: Blue Cross insurance firm adopts blockchain, aiming to speed up medical claims, eliminate fraud and cut costs
- Hong Kong launches augmented reality tourism experience
- Hong Kong grants first digital banking licences; companies granted licences can compete for $15BN retail banking business