Blockchain in April 2021
The April 2021 blockchain news summary gathers headline items across distributed ledger subjects including: blockchain use in supply chains; NFTs and the fashion industry; blockchain in gaming; decentralized domain name services using blockchain; and many more.
Items here deliver a snapshot of significant blockchain news headlines for the month, each pulled from Startup News Asia’s daily mobile and social media feeds; each DLT news headline is hyperlinked, taking you instantly to the online article behind it – in full, online and free to read. This gives blockchain enthusiasts two benefits:
- instant reference on developments in blockchain in April 2021; and
- instant 1-click access to the DLT articles that interest you the most.
You can also get AI and related tech news daily
from our social media links at the foot of this page.
More Blockchain news:
- Download: Blockchain Now And Tomorrow – Assessing Multidimensional Impacts Of Distributed Ledger Technologies, from the European Union
- Download: Blockchain Development Trends 2021, examining key trends in core blockchain, DeFi and NFT projects over the past 12 months, from Outlier Ventures
- Download: Research Report – The Adoption of Blockchain Technology in Supply Chains, An Investigation in Logistics (pdf)
- Blockchain: A video snapshot of 16 recent blockchain and related tech news headlines, QR coded to give access to the online articles behind each headline
- Digital Securities & Tokenization Summit set for May 19-20, a virtual conference focusing on the implementation of blockchain in traditional finance
- A look at the luxury fashion industry’s growing interest in NFTs
- Download: Time for trust – The trillion-dollar reasons to rethink blockchain, an October 2020 overview from pwc (pdf)
- Aura Blockchain Consortium unveiled by Louis Vuitton, Cartier and Prada fashion giants, aiming to combat counterfeit goods using cryptographic proof-of-provenance
- ICYMI: Opera web browser becomes the first to add native support for Unstoppable Domains blockchain-based decentralized domain name provider
- Australia: An interview intro to Power Ledger, peer-to-peer energy trading platform based on blockchain technology
- ICYMI: Gucci and other fashion brands reportedly working on NFT projects
- NFTs: Is the spotlight-stealing blockchain tech a cash grab or the next big thing? via CB Insights
- Singapore: Enjin raises $18.9M in private token sale to build Polkadot blockchain for NFTs, moving away from Ethereum
- Singapore: Tribe government-backed blockchain network gains backing to boost Academy and Accelerator, with participating startups separately raising over $70M
- Singapore: STACS raises US$3.6M pre-Series A using distributed ledger tech to aid financial institutions meet environmental, social, and governance requirements
- Singapore: Play Ventures game investment fund to establish blockchain game fund, acquiring a stake in Golden Gate Ventures spin-off, LuneX Ventures
- Sri Lanka: Lanka Angel Network Angel Fund invests over $100K in Niftron, blockchain-as-a-service platform focused on easy implementation of blockchain technology
- Taiwan: An intro to TuringChain’s TuringCerts service, blockchain-backed solution focused on verification and authentication of education certificates
- Taiwan: Vision Program Online Demo Day set for April 28th, showcasing 5 startups working in blockchain, green energy, medtech and more
- Vietnam: Coin98 Finance gains $4M investment from US’ crypto trading firm Alameda Research, working on decentralized finance protocols and applications
- Malaysia: An interview intro to the country’s digitalisation strategy, looking at use of cloud platforms, artificial intelligence and blockchain
- Singapore-based ImToken blockchain startup and crypto wallet developer raises $30M to build out decentralized finance services and expand blockchain research
- Hong Kong: TOKEN2049 crypto conference set for November 23-24, looking at global developments in cryptocurrency, blockchain and more
- Non-Fungible Tokens: What exactly are they?
- Hong Kong: RioDeFi decentralised finance startup launches incubator hub to bring greater blockchain interoperability to Asia, following 3 successful pilot projects
- Malaysia: 40% stake in Tranglo cross-border payments firm acquired by Ripple blockchain payments giant
- XELS blockchain-based carbon offset platform gains Bittrex listing for XELS token, providing tokenised voluntary carbon offset credits for individuals and companies
- Singapore: Mintable non-fungible token marketplace platform gains seed funding, with over 150K NFTs created and listed for sale in the last month alone
- South Korea: Klaytn blockchain firm partners with ConsenSys to work towards a Korean central bank digital currency, a digital won
- Non-fungible tokens: How do you regulate a non-conventional marketplace?
- Vision Program Online Demo Day from e27 is taking place online tomorrow, April 27th, showcasing 5 startups and 3 alumni from the program
Startup News Asia app: All-day updates on tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania.
Asia’s TECH NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s ongoing updates on social media:
You can alternatively get an overview of Asian technology news in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.