April 2021’s artificial intelligence news headlines covered items including Taiwan’s Vision Programme, Stanford University’s 2021 AI Index Report, India’s banks and vernacular language AI, Hong Kong’s Startup Express competition and more.
Items listed are a broad snapshot of the AI headlines for the month, pulled from the Startup News Asia daily feeds; each AI news headline links to the free-to-read online article behind it. This gives our readers:
- quick reference on artificial intelligence news from April 2021; and
- 1-click access to the AI articles that interest you most.
You can also get AI and related tech news daily
from our social media links at the foot of this page.
More AI news:
- ICYMI: IBM Cloud Data Challenge – Outcome Prediction using AutoAI competition now open for entries, via Freelancer
- Download: Artificial Intelligence Index Report 2021, from Stanford University (pdf)
- Vietnam enters partnership with South Korea’s Naver, country’s largest internet company, in national strategy move aiming for global player status in artificial intelligence
- JournalismAI opens Collab Challenge in Asia-Pacific, seeking participants on theme of AI and audience insights as aids towards relevant and interactive news narratives
- ICYMI: European Union officials propose new regulations for high-risk uses of artificial intelligence like facial scanning
- An MIT Technology Review podcast looks at how close artificial intelligence is to decoding human emotions
- China: Huawei deactivates AI and cloud business group in restructuring move, continuing difficulties in transitioning from hardware maker to service provider
- India: A look at VernacularAI’s voice assistant VIVA, capable of understanding 16 languages and over 160 dialects, and currently being implemented in banks across rural India
- 4 Indian startups selected for NetApp Excellerator, working in digital manufacturing, HR technology, AI and cybersecurity
- Malaysia: An interview intro to the country’s digitalisation strategy, looking at use of cloud platforms, artificial intelligence and blockchain
- Taiwan: InfuseAI machine learning operations startup raises $4.3M, with MLOps solutions market projected to reach $4BN value in 2025
- ICYMI: An overview of 8 industries being disrupted by Elon Musk’s companies, including energy, infrastructure and healthcare
- Taiwan: Vision Program Online Demo Day set for April 28th, showcasing 5 startups working in blockchain, green energy, medtech and more
- Singapore’s Habitap smart home management system launches Indonesia presence, introducing AI-driven system at luxury residential development
- Hong Kong: Start-up Express 2021 opens call for applications, seeking tech startups in 8 categories including AI, fintech, retail-tech and more
Startup News Asia app: All-day updates on tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania.
Asia’s TECH NEWS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s ongoing updates on social media:
You can alternatively get an overview of Asian technology news in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.