Blockchain & DLT headlines
November 2020’s round-up of recent blockchain and distributed ledger technology news headlines drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds.
Blockchain news headlines listed link to the full article behind that headline, outlining November 2020’s blockchain news in an at-a-glance format. This also allows readers to quickly identify those blockchain news items that are of most interest, and to get directly to the full details in the articles behind each headline.
Blockchain news here was gathered in November of 2020 from online media sources, and cover both applications and potential issues; for instance, blockchain in agricultural supply chains versus the issues with blockchain in digital identity.
- ICYMI: 17 tech startups applying blockchain to aspects of the music industry
- Video: Recent blockchain and distributed ledger technology news headlines – a round-up, linking headlines to the online articles behind them, from Startup News Asia
- Blockchain for Digital Identity: The Decentralized and Self-Sovereign Identity
- Blockchain: An intro to LUKSO and blockchain’s applications in the clothing and fashion industries
- UN Office on Drugs and Crime suggests technologies like blockchain can help Kenya combat corruption and other economic crimes
- Blockchain & Fintech Asia Startup Competition virtual elevator pitch contest applications close December 4th – get the details here
- ICYMI: IBM gains patent for blockchain system for handling transactions in large-base multiplayer games
- Blockchain: A cheat sheet – from TechRepublic, covering everything you need to know about the technology that powers Bitcoin, Litecoin and other cryptocurrencies
- ICYMI: Async Art blockchain-based art market and platform allows digital artworks to respond to external data, changing core artwork every day
- Australian Public Sector Blockchain Network, a community of practice for blockchain enthusiasts in the public service, launches to support National Blockchain Roadmap
- What Makes the Bitcoin Blockchain Secure? Bitcoin is cryptographic, irreversible, distributed, and public.
- New Zealand: LIC agtech cooperative makes investment in TrackBack blockchain startup to boost product traceability and supply chain transparency
- Philippines: Galileo Platforms partners Singlife Philippines and GCash, launching blockchain-driven service and platform for life insurance products
- Taiwan: Sparklabs Taipei unveils 8 startups graduating from the latest batch, working in cross-border payments, logistics, blockchain and more
- ICYMI: Pacific archipelago of Vanuatu adopts Unblocked Cash, mobile-based blockchain tech, with tap-and-pay cards, for assistance to families recovering from disasters
- Trade & Development Bank of Mongolia partners Delio and Hexland blockchain firms to offer cryptocurrency remittance, custody, deposits, asset management and loans services
- China Construction Bank partners Labuan-based Fusang digital asset exchange for issuance of $3BN worth of debt securities using blockchain tech
- China Construction Bank planned listing of $3BN Bitcoin and dollar-tradable bond via Malaysian cryptocurrency branch has been shelved
- Australian Border Force partners Singapore Customs and Singapore Infocomm Media Development Authority for trial of blockchain-backed digital verification in cross-border trade
- Vietnam: Ministry of Education planning to implement blockchain technology for issuing diplomas in 2021, partnering with Singapore’s TomoChain
Asia’s startup news, TODAY
All-day tech and startup news updates from Startup News Asia covering South and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand, along with technology news items from the wider world:
• On Twitter •
• On LinkedIn •
• On Facebook •
• Mobile app •