October, November & December 2020
Taiwan technology news
The Taiwan Q4 2020 technology news summary, below, provides a single-page index of Taiwan’s technology headlines reported online in English-language media in October, November & December of 2020.
Taiwan technology news headlines featured were drawn from Startup News Asia’s monthly coverage of Taiwan’s tech news, which itself is drawn from our ongoing daily technology news updates.
Taiwan technology news headlines listed here are, just like Startup News Asia’s monthly summaries, linked to the articles behind each Taiwan tech news headline – minus middle-man platforms, and without misappropriating ownership or authorship.
This gives Taiwan’s technology observers with direct, and boosted, access to the tech news sources and journalists responsible for each news artice, and in a broad quick-glance quarterly format.
- Kaohsiung City Gov’t announces formation of 5G AIoT International Alliance, comprising city gov’t, central gov’t bodies, tech firms and telcos
- A Q&A with the founder of SparkLabs Taipei accelerator and venture capital firm
- Taiwan Mobile partners South Korea’s SK Telecom to grow 5G in Taiwan, with focus on leveraging SK’s expertise in indoor coverage
- A deep dive into Taiwan’s moves into 5G, touching on spectrum auctions, the technologies and the telcos
- A podcast look at why to choose Taiwan as your startup’s Asia base, from Elisa Chiu of Anchor Venture Partners
- BE Accelerator Program is now open for applications from digital health and medical device startups – applications close January 8th 2021
- Taiwan’s Karma Medical Devices and Israel’s ReSymmetry partner around assistive devices and smart wheelchair technology with initial $2M investment
- Taiwan, Chips, and Geopolitics: TSMC is a critical part of the global semiconductor supply chain. What does that mean for the US and China’s Taiwan policies?
- An overview of IoT Service Hub, boosting more than 300 startup teams since establishment with combined coworking, accelerator and incubator functions
- Sparklabs Taipei unveils 8 startups graduating from the latest batch, working in cross-border payments, logistics, blockchain and more
- A brief snapshot of the country’s recent tech and startup news headlines, linked for instant online reading and QR coded for printing and offline reading
- A look at the AsiaRocks element of upcoming Meet Taipei 2020 Startup Festival, gathering APAC’s ecosystem builders to provide startups with gateways to Asia’s markets
- A look at the Taiwan schedule for Global Entrepreneurship Week, including APEC Women-Led Start-Up Accelerator Forum and more
- Techstars Startup Week Taipei set for November 15-21 – here’s a brief schedule
- An intro to vTaiwan, online-offline consultation process bringing together gov’t ministries, representatives, scholars, experts, business, civil society and citizens
- A look at the recent SparkLabs Taipei demo day and the startups that presented, working in blockchain, e-commerce, 5G technology and more
- Taiwan Semiconductor to build semiconductor factory in Phoenix, Arizona, creating near 2000 jobs over 5 years
- A look at some of Taiwan’s solutions focused on bricks-and-mortar shops, from firms using AI, IoT and more to integrate the offline and online worlds
- A brief intro to the 20 early-stage startups selected for AppWorks accelerator’s virtual showcase
- An intro to the 20 SEA startups that presented in AppWorks Accelerator’s first online showcase, working in payments tech, education, AI and more
- iWEECARE adds $2.4M to pre-Series A for remote patient monitoring technologies
- A snapshot of the country’s tech, startup and VC news from the past month
- A look at FaceHeart’s contactless vision-based health management system, detecting heart rate, blood pressure and more in real-time via a camera
- Webinar: ‘Empowering IoT Startups, Taiwan can help’ online event set for October 15th to connect North American startups with Taiwanese tech firms and facilities
- G Camp selects 7 startups for Taiwan Startup Pitch Night, set for October 22nd and running online
- Taobao Taiwan to close e-commerce site by year-end following Investment Commission identification of control by China’s Alibaba Group
- iWEECARE healthtech startup recently raised near $2.4M pre-series A, with Temp Pal remote wearable thermometer for patient monitoring at a distance
- 2020 Meet Taipei Startup Festival set for November 18-21
- Microsoft to establish datacenter region in Taiwan as a part of ‘Reimagine Taiwan’ initiative; and to provide digital skilling for over 200K people in Taiwan by 2024
- Taiwan’s FunNow acquires Malaysia’s TABLEAPP to add restaurant reservation and table management tools to core focus on connecting users to last-minute entertainments
- Malaysia: Youbeli e-commerce firm partners Taiwan’s PChomeSEA e-commerce platform for cross-border shopping, adding access to 5M products
Asia’s tech news, today
All-day technology news looking at 17 primary locations in South & Southeast Asia, Australia & New Zealand: