April, May & June 2020
Startup News Asia’s quarterly round-up of Cambodia’s startup news, spanning April, May and June 2020.
Each item listed here is a technology-focused or startup news headline from Q2 2020 connected with Cambodia’s startup ecosystem in some way, whether an announcement by a startup around a product, pivot or funding, or an article detailing a likely impact on Cambodia’s startup space.
The focus, obviously, is on Cambodia, but wider-world tech and startup news headlines are included where useful as points-of-reference, food for thought for Cambodian startups, or to provide additional industry knowledge.
- Cambodia: Gov’t to launch National Information Technology Business Registration Platform this month, aiming to streamline and centralize SME information
- Cambodia: Kingdom’s first National Entrepreneurship Awards deadline for applications set for end of June
- Cambodia: UN Conference on Trade and Development’s Rapid eTrade Readiness Assessment (pdf)
- National Bank of Cambodia unveils technical details of Project Bakong, blockchain-based payments system seen as revamp of Khmer Riel and move away from US dollar
- Cambodia: Startups and SMEs amongst those to benefit from Smart Axiata telecom firms’ $1 Million COVID-19 Relief Fund
- 8 startups selected for UNICEF Cryptocurrency Fund backing, including 2 from India and 1 from Cambodia
- Cambodia: An intro to 5 of the Kingdom’s fintech startups, spanning microloans, payment processing and more
- Cambodia: An interview intro to BuyLoy e-shopping platform
- Cambodia: Wing mobile payment solutions provider and Techo Startup Center partner to support innovators across the Kingdom
- ICYMI: National Bank of Cambodia to launch blockchain-based central bank digital currency, named Bakong, initially focused on domestic payments
- Cambodia to gain from Korea Energy Agency investing $8M in electric bikes and solar charging stations, following Phnom Penh and Siem Reap pilot project
- Cambodia: HacKH The Crisis online hackathon set for April 3-5, aiming to meet the challenges Cambodian society facies as a result of COVID-19
- Cambodia: Camboticket to gain scale-up investment from Wing mobile banking parent firm to grow online booking and payment for bus, taxi, ferry and holiday services
Startups: Get featured
To have your startup banner featured in future Australian startup news updates from Startup News Asia (monthly and quarterly) or to have a news item distributed on our daily startup news feeds (on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and via Startup News Asia mobile app) talk to us: Partner with Startup News Asia.
Asia’s tech news, daily
To stay up-to-the-minute with ongoing daily updates:
• follow @wadekwright on Twitter
• follow Startup Asia News on Facebook
• follow our LinkedIn startup news updates
• or install the Startup News Asia Android app