January, February, March 2020
Each link below leads to the original Sri Lanka focused startup news article for that headline, gathered from online Sri Lanka startup news reported across the first quarter of the year – the months of January, February and March of 2020.
The quarterly Sri Lanka startup news listings deliver a brief at-a-glance snapshot of the startup news headlines for Sri Lanka as a quick reference on the country’s early-stage startup scene and, where applicable, noting Sri Lanka’s startups doing well regionally, in South and Southeast Asia, or overseas.
Startup News Asia’s quarterly summaries can also be ordered online in hardcopy, printed, bound and delivered. Our hardcopy publications feature scan-able links to connect you from print to each headline’s online news article using the Startup News Asia mobile app, or any similar app you already have on your device.
Sri Lanka: January 2020
- An intro to Sri Lanka’s nCinga tech startup, acquired by Singapore’s Zilingo e-commerce major for $15.5M
- Sri Lanka: A brief look back at the recent 3rd edition of the JUMPSTART pitching competition
- Sri Lanka: XpressJobs platform gains $550K from Emerging Media, location-based digital advertising company
- Sri Lanka: An intro to Mobisec, startup harnessing the power of Telco APIs to build apps and generate revenue
Sri Lanka: February 2020
- Sri Lanka: A look at the recent Lankan Angel Network knowledge sharing seminar, the first in an island-wide series
- Sri Lanka: Thuru reforestation project, backed by Mobitel telco, shortlisted at GSMA Global Mobile Awards 2020
- Huawei launches Y7P device in Sri Lanka, the first to be launched with Huawei AppGallery, the company’s application store replacement for Google services
- Sri Lanka: Lankan Angel Network partnered by US’ Ford Foundation, gaining $300K grant for programs boosting entrepreneurial ecosystem, focusing on income and gender inequality
Sri Lanka: March 2020
- Sri Lanka: Lankan Angel Network hosts first in knowledge sharing seminars to educate rural communities on how entrepreneurship can create jobs and boost economy
- Sri Lanka: Techstars Startup Weekend Anuradhapura set for March 6-8 – 54 hours to pitch, prototype and potentially launch
- Project launches to identify collaboration opportunities for EU and Sri Lanka in R&D, commercialization and scaling-up via partnerships with entrepreneurs and startups
- Sri Lanka: Startup Weekend’s 2nd edition pitch event set for this Sunday, March 8th, in Anuradapura
- Sri Lanka: A brief intro to Sixer Video, video-focused recruitment startup replacing physical interviews with video interviews
- Sri Lanka: Lankan Angel Network builds on Ford Foundation ecosystem developer partnership with launch of Sri Lanka’s first Angel Fund