January, February, March 2020
Each link below leads to the original Cambodia startup news article for that headline, gathered from online Cambodian tech news coverage across the first quarter of 2020 – the months of January, February and March of 2020.
Our quarterly Cambodia startup news listings provide a one-page at-a-glance listing of the startup headlines for Cambodia as a quick reference on the country’s early-stage startup scene and, where applicable, as coverage of Cambodia’s startups making waves overseas.
Startup News Asia’s quarterly summaries can also be ordered online in hardcopy, printed, bound and delivered. Our hardcopy publications feature scan-able links to connect you from print to each headline’s online news article using the Startup News Asia mobile app, or any similar app you already have on your device.
- Korea’s KB Kookmin Bank reportedly to buy LOLC Cambodian microfinance arm, PRASAC Microfinance Institution, for $603.4M
- Cambodia: 4th quarter 2019’s startup news collection, online, covering October, November and December 2019
- Digital Cambodia 2020 conference and expo set for March 20-23 – 170 ICT-focused booths and 30K visitors expected across the 3-day event
- Cambodia: UNDP Accelerator Labs launches, aiming to works with citizens, governments, the private sector and civil society on development issues
- Cambodia: Muuve food delivery startup take inaugural investment from homegrown OOCTANE VC firm
- Singapore’s Digicro lending startup expands to Cambodia, providing the unbanked population with access to mobile app-driven microloans
- Cambodia: ‘Grab for Good’ social impact program gains government support for 2 initiatives, one addressing disability, the other combating human trafficking
- National Bank of Cambodia to launch Project Bakong, a blockchain-based, peer-to-peer payment and money transfer platform
- Cambodia: Electroneum blockchain and crypto startup strikes landmark deal with Cellcard, major mobile network operator, to provide airtime and data top-ups
- Cambodia: An intro to Smile Shop, homegrown e-shopping platform taking its cues from Amazon
- Cambodia: STYLE clothing rental platform takes SmartStart Young Innovator Program Cycle 3 top prize
- A quick look at the growth of coworking and coliving concepts across Asia, featuring Vietnam’s CoXplore and Cambodia’s Remote Skills Academy
- Japan’s ReNet to launch its Flare AD service in Cambodia, aiming to to register 5K drivers and generate vehicle-based advertising revenue of $2.7M in 3 years
- Cambodia: ShopRunBack tech startup gains pre-series A funding of $900K with focus on ‘reverse logistics’, when purchased items need to be returned
- Cambodia: M1 blockchain-based crypto-friendly smartphones produced by Electroneum in partnership with Cellcard telco sell out trial amount in 2 hours
- Cambodia: Singapore’s PLMP Venture Capital awarded Asset and Fund Mgmt licence by SEC of Cambodia as part of wider 10-year aim to incubate 10K SMEs
- Digital payments between Thailand and Singapore and Cambodia expected to begin mid-2020 using QR code-based service
- Cambodia: SHE Investments – 5 years of impact for women and communities in Cambodia
- Cambodia: Impact Hub Phnom Penh Impact Report 2019 – a look at the last year’s activities and successes (pdf)
- Thailand’s Krungsri Finnovate considering investments in tech startups in Cambodia, Indonesia and the Philippines, to expand the bank’s regional footprint