= First quarter 2018 =
Thailand’s startup News
Below is a broad, uncategorised summary of Thailand’s startup news as covered in the English-language press across January, February and March in 2018.
We also deliver a monthly startup news update on Thailand.
Accompanying this, we also deliver a daily startup news report
via social media, posting Thailand’s startup news on Twitter,
on LinkedIn and via StartupAsiaNews on Facebook.
The collected quarterly items – spanning all countries in South and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand – can also be ordered as a 90+ page publication in full-colour hardopy.
- Digital Government Plan 2017-2021 annoucned, aiming for integrated, citizen-centric digital government inside 5 years
- Jaymart mobile retailer’s VC arm aiming for $20M fundraise via ICO
- myHome lets homeowners sell directly to buyers
- mu Space startup aiming for $9.2M fundraise in 2018
- PTT Group state-owned energy company partners RISE Accel Co for regional SEA corporate/startup accelerator
- ADFEST creative industry conference for networking and ideas exchange set for March
- Visa launches “Everywhere Initiative” aimed at startups tackling payment-related problems in commerce
- Thai central bank prohibits financial institutions from investing or trading in cryptocurrencies
- A brief outline of Thailand’s preferred e-payments methods
- StockRadars allows users to duplicate trades by expert crypto traders, sets for US$12M ICO
- Startup funding hit $106M in 2017 led by e-commerce and marketplaces
- Masii financial products comparison portal secures US$2.4M
- New centre opens in Thailand as part of China’s Digital Belt and Road program
- Blockchain & Bitcoin Conference set for 6th March in Bangkok
- 14 banks partner with state enterprises, corporations for blockchain-driven initiative
- First SEA edition of MIT’s Global Startup Workshop set for Bangkok, 26-28 March
- Fintech poses existential threat for Siam Commercial Bank as it closes branches
- Rabbit-LINE Pay backed to $25M by mobile phone operator AIS
- An overview of the Thai Government’s Thailand 4.0 plan and the True Digital Park innovation hub
- mu Space Corp to provide satellite-based broadband access in rural Thailand