= First quarter 2018 =
Sri Lanka’s startup news
Below is a broad, uncategorised summary of Sri Lanka’s startup news covered in January, February and March in 2018.
We also deliver a monthly startup scene update on Sri Lanka.
The collected quarterly items – spanning all countries in South and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand – can also be ordered as a 90+ page publication in full-colour hardopy.
Note: Q1 2018 was a light news quarter for Sri Lanka.
- An overview of Sri Lanka’s growing startup scene
- An overview of Startup Weekend Kandy
- A brief look at what to expect from Startup Weekend Kandy, set for 26-28 January
- Sri Lanka’s women entrepreneurs set to gain through $15M loan base
- PAYable startup signs 2000 merchants in 2 months with VISA promotion
- Techstars Startup Weekend Hikkaduwa set for March 9-11
- A look at the recent SLASSCOM 4iR hackathon which focused on IOT, AI, Blockchain, AR, VR and robotics
- UPay unveils mobile payment platform for cashless and cardless payments
- Ericsson partners Dialog Axiatahas for South Asia’s 1st commercial ‘Massive IoT’ network
- An intro to CodeSprint, an inter-university hackathon
- Startup Weekend Hikkaduwa set for March 9th