= First quarter 2018 =
Myanmar’s startup news
Below is a broad summary of Myanmar’s startup news, as reported across January, February and March 2018.
We also deliver a monthly startup scene update on Myanmar.
The collected quarterly items – spanning all countries in South and Southeast Asia, Australia and New Zealand – can also be ordered as a 90+ page publication in full-colour hardopy.
- nexlabs raises 6-digit funding for digital consulting services growth
- Innoveller bus ticketing software firm backed to 7-digit US$ amount
- Tech VC funding rising, even as trading on Yangon Stock Exchange dips
- Telenor telco releases first Digital Myanmar report
- ShweProperty property classifieds portal raises 7-digit backing
- Singapore’s Spout Entertainment to launch CITE app (Connect Individuals to Entertainment) in Myanmar
- An overview of the country’s new wave of incubators, accelerators and entrepreneurs
- An intro to Chu Chu Design, transforming rubbish into eco-friendly handicrafts
- Impact Terra agtech lands US$3M for real-time farmer info and advice
- JobNet raises 7-digit USD backing
- A look at Myanmar farming’s agricultural gains through the use of mobile apps and tech
- A look at the fast growth of Digital Kaway’s social media-focused business
- An intro to Phandeeyar’s accelerator program and its participant startups
- Easy Microfinance secures $7M funding
- GSMA Innovation Fund awards 6-digit grants to startups New Day and Kargo
- Philippines: Revolution Precrafted to manufacture and ship homes and pop-up outlets to Myanmar