Thailand’s tech news in March 2023 touches briefly on subjects including the post-merger emergence of a major telco in Thailand, securities regulator scrutiny of Thai cryptocurrency markets, newly-announced entrepreneur visas under True Digital Park, and more. Hit the links below to read each article in full, online.
Our other editions include daily, weekly, monthly, and mobile technology news updates.
- Thailand: DTAC, subsidiary of Norway’s Telenor Asia telecoms major, completes merger with True Corporation, the largest telecom merger in Southeast Asia
- Thailand: Bitkub crypto exchange to invest in newly-established ThaiGPT, stepping into artificial intelligence R&D to explore business use-cases
- Thailand: SEC seeks public feedback on potential crypto lending and staking ban, with securities regulator believing crypto firms should not be able to deploy user deposits and provide lending services
“The proposed regulation aims to provide greater protection to investors, reduce associated risks, and prevent a misunderstanding that deposit taking and lending services are under the same supervision as regulated digital asset businesses.”
- China’s Hozon electric vehicle maker breaks ground at its first overseas car plant in Thailand, seeing SEA opportunities while dealing with increased competition and weakening demand in China
- Thailand: An overview of True Digital Park’s Startup Booster Program, an incubator offering mentoring, connections and a 1-year smart visa type S for entrepreneurs to stay and work in Thailand
Our other news editions go out on a range of platforms and channels, and across a range of timeframes, highlighting key tech news from across Asia and the Indo-Pacific, and showcasing the region’s startups and technology developments: