Indonesia’s tech news in June 2023 spanned developments including SpaceX’s entry to Indonesia, peer-to-peer lending for Indonesia’s MSME sector, fisheries-focused digital management platform news from Indonesia, and more.
Hit each headline below to read the Indonesian tech news article behind it in full, online and free-of-charge.
- Indonesia: Ringkas raises $3.5M with streamlined fintech solutions focused on home ownership
- Indonesia: eFishery feed technology firm closes $108M funding round, with platform potentially raising farmer income by 45%
- Indonesia’s PasarPolis online insurance marketplace mulls Malaysia and Philippines entry, with full-spectrum digital service covering underwriting, pricing, sales, distribution and claims
- Indonesia: A brief video intro to Greens, aiming to eliminate food loss and decentralize production using AI and blockchain to create ‘hyperlocal meta-farming’ food ecosystem
- Indonesia: DS/X Ventures looks to raise $15M for maiden fund, aiming to back early-stage startups enjoying early traction in the B2B software-as-a-service space
“Indonesian President Joko Widodo is betting big that a halt on exports of the resource-rich country’s raw minerals slated for next month will draw investment, bringing more jobs and economic development.”
- Indonesia: Amartha peer-to-peer lending platform gains $100M from US-based debt provider, Community Investment Management, focusing on MSME working capital loans
- Indonesia’s GoTo-backed Go-Ventures raises $240M 2nd fund, rebrands as Argor Capital, looks to back B2B marketplaces, consumer and enviro-tech, fintech and SME digital transformation platforms
- Indonesia: Musk’s SpaceX launched the country’s largest telecoms satellite from US in $540M project to connect remote corners of the archipelago’s population of 280 million to the internet
- Indonesia: Finture, parent of Yup Indonesia ‘buy now, pay later’ aggregator, raised $15M, incorporating bank-backed pay-later card allowing on- and-offline payments using national payment gateway
- Singapore’s Smart Fintech For You gains Indonesia central bank service provider licence, building on presence in Hong Kong, UAE, Thailand and Philippines and 70-currency options
For ongoing updates on tech news headlines from across Southeast Asia and the Indo-Pacific: