Thailand’s tech news snapshot for July 2023 provides a quick look at items including digital point-of-sales systems aiming to manage Thailand’s restaurants, the Thai government’s digital ID system, the increasing challenges faced by cryptocurrency platforms in Thailand, and more.
Hit the links below to read each tech news article from Thailand in July 2023 in full.
➤Don’t miss Asia’s tech daily & weekly ➤
- Thailand: Securities & Exchange Commission to ban cryptocurrency lending services, prohibiting platforms from offering any form of return on deposited crypto by customers, by end of July
- Thailand: Gov’t launches ThaID mobile application for personal identity verification, built around facial recognition tech
“44 state agencies have so far adopted the system, and over 380,000 people have registered to use its services.”
“Gen Prayut reaffirmed the government’s determination to transition Thailand into a digital society in line with its 4.0 policy. He emphasized that digital technology enhances the public service capacity of state agencies, making them more accessible while also reducing costs.”
- Thailand: LINE MAN Wongnai e-commerce platform to acquire FoodStory restaurant point-of-sales systems, aiming to provide merchant solutions to every restaurant segment in Thailand
- Thailand: India’s CtrlS Datacenters to lease 10-acre land parcel for 50 years, building ‘hyperscale’ center with proximity to subsea cable landing centers for international access
- South Korea’s Lotte Home Shopping to intro ‘virtual influencer’ to SE Asia live commerce market, beginning with Thailand via Lazada partnership
All-day tech news updates from across South & Southeast Asia and the broad Indo-Pacific region: