Indonesia’s month-end summary of tech, startup and funding news, reports and downloads from March 2022.
Indonesian technology news headlines below were each pulled from Startup News Asia’s daily tech news feeds, which post across Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, and to our mobile app users. Our tech news feeds also cover wider South and Southeast Asia. Less often, we post digests via Medium, e-newsletter and on YouTube.
- Indonesia: Malaysia’s Capital A, formerly known as AirAsia Group, launches in Indonesia’s food delivery service market, going up against GoFood, GrabFood and ShopeeFood
- Indonesia: Bukalapak e-commerce giant partners with Trans Retail Indonesia and Singapore VC for Allofresh online grocery platform, with initial funding near $70M
- Indonesia: AgriAku agritech raises $6M pre-Series A with farmer-focused B2B marketplace
- Indonesia: Blocknom crypto-earning platform in Y Combinator’s current batch raises $500K pre-seed funding, with sights on becoming ‘Coinbase Earn for SE Asia’
- Indonesia: Dana e-wallet platform to receive $225M investment from Sinar Mas Group, one of the country’s largest conglomerates
- Indonesia: Can quick commerce and 15-minute-or-less deliveries find a footing in Indonesia?
- ICYMI: Indonesia’s Bukalapak e-commerce major has opened a tech hub in Melbourne, Australia, providing opportunities for both countries’ tech and startup sectors
- Indonesia: RRQ e-sports organization launches RRQ Guild in collab’n with Alterra to boost blockchain based play-to-earn communities globally via fanbase and online-to-offline presence
- Indonesia: wagely gains $8.3M in oversubscribed pre-A funding round with earned-wages access focusing currently on Indonesia and Bangladesh
- Indonesia: Grab partners Sedania As Salam Capital fintech for Grab Cash Financing-i, Shariah-compliant financing product, to Grab’s drivers and delivery partners
- Indonesia: Gov’t preps tough new rules to allow it to fine and criminally charge ‘net and social media firms, demanding action inside as little as 4 hours
- Indonesia: DELOS aquaculture startup secures $8M seed extension round data-driven solutions for shrimp farming, seeing potential yield increases of 2-3 times
- Vietnam: Gojek and MoMo partner, super-apps from Indonesia and Vietnam respectively, to link MoMo ewallet and Gojek app in bid to compete with Grab ride-hail giant
You can also get all-day Startup News Asia updates: