In addition, Bank Indonesia is in talks with its peers for technology advancements. The bank is also holding talks on cybersecurity related matters of the digital currency….It plans to allocate the CBDC among big banks and payment service providers who will sell the currency to small banks. This process is set to allow different retail dealings.
- Bank Indonesia, the country’s central bank, announces plans for digital currency for wholesale use, looking at more efficiency in money transfers, and at cross-border transactions
- Indonesia: Juragan Material raises $4M in seed funding with B2B construction-focused marketplace, already boasting more than 9000 SKUs and over 180 brands
- Indonesia: Pina personal finance app raises $3M seed funding, in part from Y Combinator, allowing users to monitor assets and invest in stock or mutual fund products
- Indonesia: Kini on-demand payroll provider raised $4.3M seed funding with earned wage access, bill-paying services, micro insurance and more in the pipeline
- Indonesia’s Doku payment platform expand to Malaysia with $7.5M acquisition of senangPay online payments firm, gaining senangPay’s 15000-strong merchant network
- Indonesia: TipTip content creator platform launches, looking at solutions to gaps such as lack of monetisation opportunities, limited local payment and KYC integration
- Indonesia’s Indika energy major reportedly mulling $2B electric vehicles venture in partnership with Taiwan’s Foxconn, building on battery manufacturing project
- Singapore’s Indonesia-focused Fairbanc raises $4.8M pre-A, enabling small businesses access to short-term credit to purchase fast-moving consumer goods inventory
- Singapore’s Carousell acquire Indonesia’s Laku6, an AI-driven electronics recommerce platform, seeing SEA-wide potential in the second-hand electronics space
- SNA round-up: Twitter vs the Indian government; earned-wage-access fintech in Indonesia; China’s Weibo boosts CCP censorship efforts; Taiwan’s EVs in Thailand; Australia’s Intersekt fintech conference; agri-tech in Cambodia…
- Indonesia: Big tech folds to regulations permitting gov’t to demand user data, removal of content that ‘disturbs public order’ in four hours, and more
ASIA’S tech news: OTHER EDITIONS
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.
- Mobile app: Startup News Asia mobile app
- On Facebook: Startup News Asia on Facebook
- On LinkedIn: Asia tech news on LinkedIn
- On Twitter: Wade K Wright / Asia’s tech news on Twitter