Only critical incidents, such as unauthorised access or a ransomware lock, must be reported within 12 hours. A less significant incident can be reported over the phone within 72 hours and followed by a written report within 48 hours.
- Australia: Critical infrastructure operators across 11 sectors must now report critical cyber breaches to the federal government within 12 hours
- Thailand’s Translucia partners Australia’s Two Bulls software firm to build Metaverse Research and Development Center in Melbourne, with initial budget of $100M
- Australia: Founders Institute’s ‘Pitch Your Startup Idea to Australia Investors & Experts Online’ event is set for July 12th – apply to pitch
- Australia: InternMatch secures Au$10M Series A, providing students and career changers with worldwide options on professional internships, training and mentoring
- Australia: “AUKUS presents a once-in-a-generation opportunity to bolster its science, technology and defence industry ecosystem…strengthen its foundations for sovereign capability in critical areas.”
Australia has advantages to build on, including research leadership in quantum physics, a skilled workforce, and a stable economy for investment. But it faces serious challenges like flatlining research and development (R&D) funding, poor commercialisation rates, limited depth in the integration of government, industry and academia, and a skills shortage.
- Australia: Intersekt 2022 conference from FinTech Australia is set for September 7-8 in Melbourne – registrations now open
- Australia: An intro to GoMicro, agri-tech startup with a $1 mobile microscope that aims to solve a $1 trillion food waste problem
- Australia: Telstra completes acquisition of Digicel Pacific in Au$2.4BN deal, in part a geopolitically-astute move to counter China’s influence activities in the region
- Reducing Australia’s Food Waste by half by 2030: “The cost of food waste to the Australian economy is $36.6 billion a year…”
- Australia: ACS Digital Pulse 2022 report is now available to download, looking at jobs and demand, IT education, IT sector wages and worker intentions and more
- Australia: An intro to the 10 climate-change focused startups selected for the EnergyLab 2022 Climate Solutions Accelerator
- Australia: Telstra and Microsoft sign 5-year strategic agreement to support Australia’s digital growth, looking at cloud and edge computing and more
- $2BN in new export opportunities now open for India’s MSMEs with MOU inked between MVIRDC World Trade Center Mumbai and India Australia Strategic Alliance
ASIA’S tech news: OTHER EDITIONS
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.
- Mobile app: Startup News Asia mobile app
- On Facebook: Startup News Asia on Facebook
- On LinkedIn: Asia tech news on LinkedIn
- On Twitter: Wade K Wright / Asia’s tech news on Twitter