The January 2022 snapshot of Indonesia’s technology, venture capital and startup news headlines, gathered from Startup News Asia’s daily tech news updates
Get tech news from across SE Asia and the Indo-Pacific from Startup News Asia’s social media channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram – or from the Startup News Asia mobile app.
- e-Conomy SEA 2021: Indonesia report now available to download, produced by Google, Temasek and Bain & Co (pdf)
- Indonesia: UpBanx gains $5.2M pre-seed backing with platform connecting creators, artists and freelancers to clients, alongside managing workflow and finances
- Indonesia: KoinWorks fintech raises $108M Series C with SME-focused platform helping underserved e-commerce and social commerce vendors to access financing
- Indonesia: eFishery closes $90M Series C round with end-to-end platform providing fish and shrimp farmers with technology, feed, financing and markets
- Indonesia: Akulaku, online lender backed by China’s Ant Group, reportedly considering US listing via SPAC merger, valuing combined entity around $2BN
- Indonesia: Lummo, formerly BukuKas, raises $80M with Shopify-like platform helping small merchants get online, with Google parent Alphabet investing arm participating
- Taiwan’s Foxconn iPhone components maker partners Indonesia’s Investment Ministry and companies with sights set on full-spectrum EV industry development
- Bank Negara Indonesia to acquire 64% of Bank Mayora digital banking platform in bid to enter a space it previously has been unable to navigate
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.