Asia’s ‘quieter’ tech locations
The January 2022 snapshot of some of the headlines from some of Asia’s ‘quieter’ tech regions, drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily updates
Get tech news headlines from across Southeast Asia and the Indo-Pacific from Startup News Asia’s social media channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram – or from our mobile app.
- Startup Cambodia National Program was formally launched December 9th, as a component part of of the Kingdom’s 2021-2035 digital economy and social policy framework
- Cambodia: Gov’t Khmer Enterprise to roll out Investment Readiness program for startups and SMEs aiming for network of investors and bankers to boost businesses
- Myanmar: Military junta raises commercial tax on internet services, boosting cost of SIM cards and adding 15% tax on revenue gained from internet services
- Myanmar: Norway’s telco group Telenor to sell 51% stake in Wave Money fintech, citing military coup impacts
- Myanmar: Military junta set to outlaw VPN use and cryptocurrencies in likely bid to cut funding of resistance movement to military coup
- Sri Lanka: MediaInc unveils 3 startups selected for news media incubator, drawn from more than 80 applications
- Thailand: An intro to Runnex Technology, one of ten finalists from the Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator Singapore-Thailand Demo Day
- Thailand: Binance and Gulf Energy Development subsidiary, Gulf Innova, to partner to study possible development of a digital asset exchange
- A brief intro to the 10 finalists selected for the Singapore-Thailand Demo Day of the Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator, set for January 11th
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.