Tech news, Indonesia
February 2022’s tech news summary for Indonesia provides readers with an at-a-glance read of the month’s technology news headlines, looking at Indonesia’s tech startups and VC developments, whilst also providing links to relevant Indonesia-focused reports and downloads.
Indonesia’s startup news headlines are listed below; each tech headline links to the article, item, opinion piece or download behind it – no middleman, no intrusive ads, no delays – just Startup News Asia’s 1-click access to the Indonesian tech news headlines that interest you.
See the links at the foot of the page for Startup News Asia’s daily feeds on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, Instagram and beyond.
- Indonesia: Bank Central Asia has allocated $27.8M to its VC arm, Central Capital Ventura, aiming to further boost startups with financial services in their offerings
- Indonesia: Astro raises $27M Series A with ‘quick commerce’ platform that aims to deliver groceries and essentials in 15 minutes
- Indonesia: “…agritech sector is currently underpenetrated and has low valuations…the grocery segment which is poised to grow to $169.4 billion…”
- Indonesia: Endeavor Indonesia unveils 10 startups selected for 2nd cohort of ScaleUp Growth program, working in finance, education, healthcare and more
- Indonesia: Grupin raises $3M with social commerce platform focusing on community-based shopping, providing large discounts on bulk-purchase consumer products
- Indonesia: An overview of the Bidanku app developed by Halodoc health tech platform, helping midwives and new mothers in rural Indonesia
- Indonesia: Julo peer-to-peer lending platform and app secures near $60M Series B, connecting institutional lenders with underbanked and unbanked populations
- Indonesia: Bananas raises $1.5M with ‘rapid commerce’, aiming to open 50 or more ‘dark store’ e-commerce fulfilment facilities in Jakarta and other tier-1 cities shortly
- Indonesia: Taiwan’s Foxconn to build electric car components, batteries, motors, in Batang; and to relocate telecoms spare part manufacturing from China
- Indonesia: HappyFresh online grocery delivery service sets sights on 100 new ‘dark stores’ – order fulfilment centres – across SE Asia, with each store holding 15K units of stock
- Indonesia: Brick secures $8.5M funding to enable open finance across SE Asia, with API suite connecting financial apps to hyper-local data sources
- Akulaku, Indonesia’s largest BNPL and consumer financing platform, backed by Thailand’s Siam Commercial Bank to the tune of $100M
- A quick intro to the 10 tech startups selected to present at the Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator’s joint Vietnam-Indonesia Demo Day
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.