Startup News Asia’s month-end round-up for August 2022’s technology news headlines from Singapore, gathered and curated from online news outlets.
Headlines here span the full range of tech news from Singapore, touching on security in cryptocurrency transactions, cross-border payment systems, blockchain developments and beyond – and, of course, related venture capital funding. Items in this Singapore tech news snapshot are hyperlinked headlines – one click and you’re reading the Singapore tech news that interests you most.
- Singapore: Singtel telco adds $100M to Innov8 VC arm to expand portfolio across SE Asia, China, Australia, Israel and the US
- Venture & Capital 2022 conference set for August 16th, running from Singapore and looking at Web3, DeepTech and Property/Funds ecosystems
- Singapore’s Network for Electronic Transfers and Thailand’s National ITMX inter-bank payments firm confirm expansion of cross-border QR payment partnership
- Revolut launches cryptocurrency trading services in Singapore, allowing customers to convert 27 fiat currencies, gold or silver into crypto, fees-free
- Singapore: NTU Singapore selected by Algorand Foundation to host research and education centre aimed at developing and advancing blockchain tech
- Singapore: Take App gains backing from Meta, Y Combinator and others with WhatsApp-based e-commerce tools
- Singapore: Safeheron raises $7M pre-Series A with focus on private key security for crypto transactions, looking at distributed signing