September’s tech news snapshot from Sri Lanka
Tech news from Sri Lanka reported online in September 2021 covered items in areas including, perhaps most importantly, the government’s 10,000 Ideas tech and startups initiative.
This edition is relatively ‘light’ on Sri Lanka tech news, so we’ve also included a snapshot of last month’s tech news from Sri Lanka, to provide a broader set of reference points on the country’s tech scene.
Get daily tech news from Asia and beyond, as it happens, from our social, mobile and email channels
- e-news, latest issue: Startup Sri Lanka launches, gaming limits in China, Indian venture capital, Startup Disruptor Arena…
- Sri Lanka: Startup Weekend Zahira Colombo Online set for September 10-12, from Techstars
- Sri Lanka: 10,000 Ideas initiative launched by Gov’t Info Comms and Tech Agency with partners with aim of inspiring 1000 new Sri Lankan tech startups by 2024
- A brief overview of Sri Lanka’s startup ecosystem, as highlighted by Startup Genome’s Global Startup Ecosystem Report 2021
- Sri Lanka: Applications now open for the Venture Engine startup acceleration program’s 2021 edition, with applications closing October 22nd
Startup Sri Lanka: August snapshot
- Sri Lanka: Info and Comm Tech Agency inks MOU with TRACE Expert City Uva Chapter to establish Tier II Techno Park in Uva Province
- Sri Lanka: A look at the recently-held ‘Accelerating the Sri Lankan Startup Ecosystem’ webinar from Startup Genome and the Info and Communication Tech Agency
- Sri Lanka: Venture Engine 2021 Competition applications to open September 1st
- Sri Lanka: Onepay mobile payments firms launches payments gateway, facilitating transactions between consumers and banks
- Sri Lanka: SLASSCOM launches Startup Sri Lanka web portal, aiming to generate 200K employment opportunities and 1K startups by the year 2025