September’s month-end tech news from Hong Kong
The technology news snapshot from Hong Kong for September 2021 below covers developments in areas including: property-tech in Hong Kong’s Central Market; online tech startup acceleration; Hong Kong’s considerations around SPACs as a company listing vehicle; and more.
Because this month’s HK tech snapshot is relatively light, we’ve included a snapshot of HK’s tech news from last month, August 2021, to provide a more rounded understanding of the city’s recent developments.
You can also get our daily tech news via social, mobile & email
- Hong Kong: Elevator Pitch Competition 2021 set for November 5-12, with startup pitch comp applications closing September 10th
- Hong Kong’s Brinc and India’s Chennai Angels partner for online acceleration program for agri-tech, food-tech, health-tech, and fintech startups
- Hong Kong: 10 tech startups selected Chinachem Group and HKSTP select for the CCG Accel accelerator program, focusing on property-tech solutions for Central Market
- Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing, Asia’s busiest stock exchange, considering listing of blank-check shell corporations – SPACs – in move shadowing rival Singapore
- Singapore’s TechStorm unveils partnership with Hong Kong Cable Television Limited to deliver esports, tech and gaming content on pay-to-view Cable TV service
HK tech snapshot: August 2021
- Hong Kong: HKTaxi e-hail startup acquired by Uber, absorbing booking, dispatch and taxi fare e-payment capabilities
- Hong Kong Monetary Authority and Bank of Int’l Settlements Innovation Hub join to investigate tokenized, blockchain-based green bonds as a spur to sustainable investments
- Hong Kong: Elevator Pitch Competition 2021 applications close August 31st for November event
- Standard Chartered and Hong Kong’s Linklogis partner for Olea, blockchain-based platform connecting institutional investors to businesses seeking supply chain financing