Tech in New Zealand
Our New Zealand-focused technology news snapshot for October 2021 is drawn from Startup News Asia’s daily feeds. This month’s articles cover items across technologies, issues, startups and more including:
The NZ tech headlines featured below are each linked to the online news article behind the headline, giving readers instant, 1-click access to the New Zealand tech news, articles, downloads and reports you need to understand New Zealand’s startups.
You can also get tech news from across Asia and the broad Indo-Pacific with our daily updates – social, mobile, email and more.
- New Zealand: An intro to Komodo Monitr, recently backed with $1.8M funding and using tech to improve student mental health and wellbeing
- New Zealand: Easy Crypto raises $17M, setting sights on overseas markets including Indonesia, the Philippines and other parts of Asia
- New Zealand: Government opens discussions on new national digital strategy, ‘Towards a Digital Strategy for Aotearoa’, seeking public input
- New Zealand: SpaceBase Limited education and consulting firm launches ‘Space for Planet Earth Challenge’ across APAC, seeking to address climate change using satellite tech
- New Zealand: Christchurch Cryptocurrency & Blockchain Meetup set for October 27th, hosted by Axia Labs and Cryptocurrency NZ
- New Zealand: Reserve Bank publishes ‘Future of Money – Central Bank Digital Currency’ issues paper, inviting public comment on whether a CBDC is right for the country
- New Zealand: APLYiD raises NZ$7M with biometric customer onboarding based on facial authentication by video, checked against fraud and watchlist databases
- Australia: A quick intro to the 19 startups from Startmate’s Winter21 cohort presenting in today’s Demo Day
Our other editions provide a variety of ways to keep up to date with the technology ecosystems across Asia and the Indo-Pacific – email, social media, on Medium, by mobile app and more.