In November 2021, startup news coverage in The Philippines looked at subjects including: airline-based digital payments; blockchain-based voting using NFTs; a new Philippines state-backed startup venture fund; and more.
- Philippines: IGNITE Cyber 2021 conference set for November 16-18, featuring pitching event, networking, exhibition and more
- Philippines: A look at the 3 Filipino startups selected for the Next Innovation with Japan accelerator, working in fintech, micro-finance and agricultural e-commerce
- South Korea’s ENPlus to invest $98M in building manufacturing facilities for electric vehicles in the Philippines, seeing market opportunity in jeepney conversion
- Philippines: A brief intro to Beam & Go, giving overseas Filipino workers control over remittances, allowing them to specify how much is spent by recipients on a specific purpose
- Mark your calendar: IGNITE Cyber 2021 conference is Nov 16-19, around the theme of ‘Corporate Innovation Towards Recovery and Growth’ and running from The Philippines
- Philippines: CellPoint Digital payments fintech grows partnership with Cebu Pacific airline, adding split payments, real-time currency conversion and more
- Philippines: An intro to the 10 startups presenting at the Venture Pilipinas Startup Venture Fund Pitch on November 19th, part of Philippines Startup Week
- Philippines: 6 takeaways from the Gobi-Core Philippine Fund report on the Philippines’ startup ecosystem, via @KrASIAofficial
- Philippines: State-owned investment body National Development Co to launch a startup venture fund to support the country’s early-stage ventures
- Philippines: A quick look at Startup Match, an initiative of StartUp Village and US Agency for International Development boosting digital transformation of MSMEs
- Philippines: Huawei launches 7th edition of ‘Seeds for the Future Program’ to boost ICT talent in the country, introducing students to AI, 5G, cloud computing and more
- Philippines: A look at blockchain-powered iVotePH, allowing users to vote on NFTs depicting Filipino presidential candidates – and built by an 8th-grader
- Philippines: A brief intro to 3 Filipino startups, working in online education, clothing and sustainable architecture
- Philippines: A brief intro to Bakal Lokal, e-commerce platform that has so far assisted over 100 MSMEs through the business challenges of COVID-19
- Philippines: Skin Magical takes Startup Of The Year, whilst it’s founder and CEO takes Woman of the Year, in the 2021 American Association of the Philippines Awards
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.