In November 2021, Malaysian startup news coverage touched on subjects including: the Malaysian Startup Ecosystem Roadmap for 2021-2030, and the country’s National Entrepreneurship Policy; Penang’s Creative Digital District initiative; the merger of MaGIC and Technology Park Malaysia; and more.
You can also get updates on Malaysian tech startups in our email newsletter or Medium posts (10 selected news items from across Asia in each edition) – or you can get a quick, visual snapshot of recent tech news on our Instagram channel.
- Malaysia: A brief interview intro to MoneyMatch, working in digitally-driven cross-border trade payments and individual remittances
- Malaysia: A quick overview of Penang’s Creative Digital District, part of the Accelerating Penang2030 vision and aiming for a tech-driven home for startups, the arts and more
- Malaysian Research Accelerator for Technology and Innovation formed via merger of two agencies, MaGIC and Technology Park Malaysia, to further focus Malaysia’s tech ambitions
- Malaysia: ReSkills EdTech raises $1.5M with online live-learning, boasting more than a thousand learning hours delivered in five languages
- Malaysia: APEC Traveller App named as 2021 APEC Digital Prosperity Award winner, with app using facial recognition, QR codes and optical character recognition
- Malaysian Startup Ecosystem Roadmap 2021-2030 launched by gov’t Ministry of Science, Tech & Innovation, alongside MYStartup platform
- Download: Malaysia’s National Entrepreneurship Policy – NEP 2030 – aiming for an outstanding entrepreneurial nation (pdf)
- Malaysia: MYStartup platform launched by Ministry of Science, Tech and Innovation for startups, investors, industry players and ecosystem builders
- Malaysia’s Sunway Group partners Indonesia’s Kejora Capital VC for $25M Orbit Malaysia fund for Series A investments in fintech, agriculture, e-commerce, education and health
Our other editions go out on a variety of channels – Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, mobile app, e-newsletter and Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.