Indonesia’s startup news in May
Indonesia’s startup news in May 2021 featured headlines around subjects including P2P lending for Indonesia’s micro-entrepreneurs, the country’s ‘buy now, pay later’ fintech startups, the Gojek and Tokopedia merger, digital investing news and more.
The tech headlines gathered below outline May 2021’s news, providing Startup News Asia’s readers with:
- an at-a-glance overview of the month’s tech news;
- instant insights into tech and startup ecosystems; and
- 1-click access to the online tech articles behind the headlines.
You can also get our all-day tech news updates
via mobile app and social media
- EduTech Indonesia set for August 4-5, running virtually with over 40 presentations and live panel debates
- Indonesia: Amartha gains $28M from Women’s World Banking fund with peer-to-peer lending focused on Indonesia’s 30-to-40 million micro-entrepreneurs
- Indonesia: GajiGesa fintech startup gains new backers with earned wage access and other services for workers in Indonesia’s 60M small businesses
- Indonesia: Bibit raises $65M with digital investing app and robo-advisory service, helping first-time investors invest in mutual fund products
- Indonesia: Gojek e-commerce giant brick-and-mortar hypermarket operator, seen as possible move towards retail network with both e-commerce and traditional streams
- Indonesia: Gojek and Tokopedia to merge, creating one of SE Asia’s largest tech conglomerates, spanning ride-hailing, digital payments, e-commerce and more
- Indonesia: BRI Agro, lender primarily serving the agricultural sector over the last 3 decades, announces plan to transform into a digital bank as part of an overall rebranding
- Indonesia: TaniHub Group raises $65M with system streamlining helping 45K farmers get better prices and more customers for agricultural crops
- A brief intro to 5 firms working in the ‘buy now, pay later’ market, touching on virtual credit cards, point of sale financing and more
Startup News Asia app – today’s tech, funding and startup news across Asia and Oceania – get it on Google Play:
ASIA’S TECH NEWS, daily ON SOCIAL MEDIA
You can get Startup News Asia’s all-day tech news on social media:
You can alternatively get an collection of Asia’s technology news headlines in a quarterly round-up for 17 locations across the region.