Tech & startup news: Thailand
Thailand’s tech and startup news in January 2021 covered items including women-focused health-tech, blockchain technology, cryptocurrency and more.
Each item listed below is a Thailand tech startup-focused news headline; each headline is hyperlinked directly to the free-to-read, online news item behind that headline, hosted on the site that initially reported and covered the news item.
January 2021’s startup news collection for Thailand gives Startup News Asia readers 2 things instantly:
- a single-page, at-a-glance overview of Thailand’s technology scene in January 2021, providing a quick guide to Thailand’s startup activity; and
- instant, one-click access to the Thailand-focused tech news, articles and reports behind the headlines, letting you focus on particular subjects, technologies or developments.
- Yesmom launches health information service with at-home blood testing kits and platform focusing on women’s fertility
- E-Commerce Payments Trends, via JPMorgan: Thailand’s consumers rapidly evolve to become mobile commerce forerunners
- Securities and Exchange Commission warns investors should closely monitor investments in cryptocurrencies due to high volatility
- Bourse to roll out digital asset trading platform in H2 2021, enabling retail and institutional investors to trade digital tokens; but cryptocurrency will not be part of the offering due to money laundering concerns
- Thailand Digital Transformation Survey Report 2020 from Deloitte: Beyond technology, talent emerged to drive digital transformation
- Securities and Exchange Commission orders Bitkub cryptocurrency exchange to temporarily shut down and fix issues behind severe outages
- Excise Department will integrate blockchain technology to administer revenue collection for the fiscal year 2021
More of Thailand’s tech startup and funding news
To read more of Thailand’s tech startup news, visit Startup News Asia’s coverage page; you’ll find Thai-focused technology, startup and venture capital news collected by month and by year, spanning the period from mid-2016 to today.
Today’s tech news across Asia
To be kept up-to-date with an all-day feed of technology and startup news from across 17 primary jurisdictions across Asia and the Indo-Pacific, your first stop should be the Startup News Asia mobile app:
Asia’s tech news on social media
You can also get all-day startup news updates from us: