Tech & startup news: Taiwan
Taiwan’s tech and startup news in January 2021 covered items including cybersecurity startups, semiconductor news, podcasting, disinformation attacks, and more.
Each item listed below is a Taiwan tech or startup-focused news headline; and each of these headlines is linked directly to the free-to-read, online news article or report behind that headline, hosted on the site that reported the item and provided initial news coverage.
January 2021’s startup news collection for Taiwan gives Startup News Asia readers 2 things instantly:
- a single-page, at-a-glance overview of Taiwan’s technology scene in January 2021, providing you with a quick reference to Taiwan’s startup activity level; and
- instant, one-click access to the Taiwan-focused startup news, articles and reports behind each headline, letting you focus on your chosen subjects, technologies and developments.
- Taiwan: “Faced with cyberthreats and related challenges, Taiwan has actively promoted policies built around the concept that information security is national security.”
- An overview of the recently-held AIoT New Generation Life Application Taiwan Startups Webinar, an online matchmaking forum targeting the Japan market
- Taiwan: Perfect Corp, developer of YouCam Makeup virtual beauty app, closes $50M Series C led by Goldman Sachs
- Taiwan: A brief intro to the 7 winners of the Taiwan Excellence awards, working in AIoT, health-tech and more
- Taiwan’s Foxconn to build $270M factory in Vietnam to produce tablets and computers, in part possibly an Apple move to shift production lines from China
- Taiwan: An overview of a handful of the country’s cybersecurity startups recently showcased at CES 2021
- “The greater worry is that TSMC chip factories could become collateral damage if China were to make good on threats to invade Taiwan…”
- Taiwan: SoundOn podcast startup to be acquired by Singapore-based Kollective Ventures investment firm and Taiwan’s M17 Entertainment live-streaming firm
- Protecting Democracy in an Age of Disinformation – Lessons from Taiwan’ report available now to download
More of Taiwan’s tech, startup and funding news
For more of Taiwan’s tech news, visit Startup News Asia’s coverage page; you’ll find Taiwan-focused technology, startup and venture capital news collected by month and by year, spanning the period from mid-2016 to today.
Today’s tech news across Asia
To be kept up-to-date with an all-day feed of technology and startup news from across 17 primary jurisdictions across Asia and the Indo-Pacific, your first stop should be the Startup News Asia mobile app:
Asia’s tech news on social media
You can also get all-day startup news updates from us: