Tech startup news: Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka’s tech startup news in January 2021 covered items including online demo days, food-tech and education-tech startups, and more.
Each item listed is a Sri Lanka-focused tech or startup-related news headline; and each headline is hyperlinked to the free-to-read, online article or news report behind that headline, hosted on the site that reported the item and provided initial news coverage.
January 2021’s startup news collection for Sri Lanka gives Startup News Asia readers 2 things immediately:
- a single-page, at-a-glance overview of Sri Lanka’s technology scene in January 2021, providing you with a quick reference guide to Sri Lanka’s overall startup activity; and
- instant, one-click access to the Sri Lanka-focused startup news, articles and reports behind each headline, letting you focus on your chosen subjects, technologies and developments.
- Sri Lanka: Nominations for the SLASSCOM Ingenuity Awards 2021 now open, aiming to recognize the country’s innovators at provincial and national levels
- An intro to the female founders and entrepreneurs that presented in the SLASSCOM Women Technopreneurs Forum at the Sri Lanka Design Festival
- Australia’s Vygo education-tech startup opens Sri Lanka offices, aiming to gain from the country’s software engineering talent pool
- Sri Lanka: An overview of SLASSCOM Entrepreneurship and Innovation Forum’s activities and goals, including establishment of Startup Sri Lanka Accelerator
- Sri Lanka: A brief intro to the Council for Startups, launched by Ceylon Chamber of Commerce to address the needs and challenges of SMEs and startups
- Sri Lanka: HatchX Demo Day showcases 7 graduating fintech startups working in peer-to-peer lending, cashless payments, micro-insurance and more
- Sri Lanka: Hatch Open House returns for 2021 program, providing a 3 month mentorship program connecting startup founders with guidance and insight
- Sri Lanka: An intro to 4 of the agri-food startups from the Good Life X accelerator program
More Sri Lankan tech, startup and VC funding news
To read more of Sri Lanka’s startup news, visit Startup News Asia’s coverage page; you’ll find Sri Lanka-focused technology, startup and venture capital news collected by month and by year, spanning the period from mid-2016 to today.
Today’s tech news across Asia
To be kept up-to-date with an all-day feed of technology and startup news from across 17 primary jurisdictions across Asia and the Indo-Pacific, your first stop should be the Startup News Asia mobile app:
Asia’s tech news on social media
You can also get all-day startup news updates from us: