Tech startup news: Japan
Japan’s technology and startup news in January 2021 covered items including food-tech and lab-grown beef, use of blockchain in digital stock trading, cybersecurity and more.
Each item listed is an Japanese startup or technology-related news headline; each is linked to the free-to-read online article or report behind that headline, hosted on the news site that reported the item and provided the tech news coverage.
The January 2021 startup news collection for Japan provides Startup News Asia’s readers with 2 things instantly:
- a one-page, at-a-glance overview of developments in Japan’s tech startup scene in January 2021, providing you with a quick reference look at overall levels of activity; and
- instant, one-click access to the Japan-focused tech and startup news, articles and reports behind each headline, letting you focus on subjects, technologies and developments that most interest you.
- Japan: An overview of Tokyo Metropolitan Government’s ‘FinTech Program – Asia meets Tokyo’ initiative, set for business plan pitching from January 18th
- Japan: Mitsubishi partners Israel’s Aleph Farms to introduce lab-grown beef to Japan
- Japan: A 1-page, at a glance overview of recent technology and startup news headlines
- Japan: SBI Holdings reportedly partnering with Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group to launch blockchain-driven digital stock exchange, expected in spring 2022
- An overview of the recently-held AIoT New Generation Life Application Taiwan Startups Webinar, an online matchmaking forum targeting the Japan market
- Japan’s National Cybersecurity and Defense Posture – Policy and Organizations (pdf)
More of Japan’s tech startup news
To read more of Japan’s technology, funding and startup news, visit the Startup News Asia coverage page; you’ll find Japan-focused technology news collections organised by month and by year from mid-2016.
Today’s tech news across Asia
To be kept up-to-date with an all-day feed of technology and startup news from across 17 primary jurisdictions across Asia and the Indo-Pacific, your first stop should be the Startup News Asia mobile app:
Asia’s tech news on social media
You can also get all-day startup news updates from us: