Tech startup news: Hong Kong
Hong Kong’s tech and startup news in January 2021 covered items including bitcoin mining and crypto taxation, cell-grown fish meat, internet restrictions and more.
Each item listed below is a Hong Kong-focused tech, startup or VC-related news headline; each is linked to the online, free-to-read article or report associated with that headline, hosted on the news site that reported the item and provided the coverage.
The January 2021 startup news collection for Hong Kong, below, provides you with 2 things instantly:
- a one-page, at-a-glance overview of developments in Hong Kong’s tech scene in January 2021, providing you with a quick reference to overall levels of activity; and
- instant, one-click access to the Hong Kong startup news articles and reports behind each headline, letting you focus on the subjects, technologies and developments that most interest you.
- Babel Finance making life easier for bitcoin miners and other crypto participants by accepting mining machines as collateral against USD loans
- An intro to Avant Meats, producing cell-grown fish meat and shrinking the sustainability footprint to the size of the bioreactor used for production
- E-Commerce Payments Trends via JPMorgan: Hong Kong’s modestly-sized e-commerce market is growing, driven by smartphone users
- Hong Kong hit by internet restrictions on spurious ‘national security’ grounds, raising concerns of coming imposition of Great Firewall
- 2021 Censorship Predictions, Facial Recognition Pushback, Hong Kong Media Arrests, via Freedom House
- ICYMI: PwC Annual Global Crypto Tax Report 2020 launches, touching on Hong Kong’s rankings around cryptocurrency tax guidance
More of Hong Kong’s startup news
For more of Hong Kong’s tech startup news, visit the Startup News Asia coverage page; you’ll find Hong Kong startup news collected by month and by year, from the middle of 2016.
Today’s tech news across Asia
To be kept up-to-date with an all-day feed of technology and startup news from across 17 primary jurisdictions across Asia and the Indo-Pacific, your first stop should be the Startup News Asia mobile app:
Asia’s tech news on social media
You can also get all-day startup news updates from us: