A selection of The Philippines’ technology and startup news headlines from December 2021, drawn from online media sources. Headlines listed and linked here touch on focus areas in The Philippines’ startup space including the growth of 5G services in the country, Filipino agri-tech startup developments, Philippines-developed cybersecurity services focusing on phishing, and many more.
And to get tech news updates from across Asia-Pacific via social media, mobile app, Instagram and more, check Startup News Asia’s channels.
- Philippines: Ye! Boost Accelerator preps for 2022 launch, an accelerator programme to support youth-led businesses in their internationalization efforts
- The Philippines: Southeast Asia’s next big breakout market? TechNode Global takes a look at the country’s opportunities
- Philippines: A quick look at Investa, investment platform providing Filipinos with access to low-cost investment opportunities and financial benefits
- Philippines: Dep’t of Info and Comms Tech and Huawei Philippines complete Emerging Technologies Workshop series for 700 government employees
- Philippines: A video intro to One Degree, fintech startup recently awarded $1M as part of the Google Impact Challenge Bay Area 2021 program
- Philippines: US Trade and Dev Agency awards grant to Smart Communications to expand 5G services to 96% of the country’s population
- Philippines: AcadArena raises $3.5M with focus on developing student gaming communities across SE Asia, providing play-to-earn scholarships
- ICYMI: IBISA agricultural microinsurance startup raises $1.7M with focus on small farmers whose livelihoods are at risk from adverse climate events
- Philippines: XLD Finance launches xSpend, allowing users in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines to pay bills using GameFi tokens or stablecoins
- Philippines: SlashNext cybersecurity firm secures $26M with focus on prevention of phishing, the top – and multi-billion-dollar – threat to organizations and consumers
- Philippines: KodeGo online coding education platform lands Sg$30K and a top-6 finalist place in the recent 2021 Singtel Group Future Makers Program
- Philippines: Agro-DigitalPH takes Shell LiveWire 2021 grand winner title with digital ecosystem for farmers and agricultural cooperatives
- Philippines: Startup Growth Networking Meetup x Draper Startup House event set for Manila, January 14th 2022
Startup News Asia’s other editions go out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and by mobile app, e-newsletter and in Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.