A brief snapshot of Indonesia’s tech-focused news headlines from across December of 2021, gathering downloads, reports, commentary, articles and more from online media sources. Items collected below touch on fields in Indonesia’s tech ecosystems including cryptocurrency and blockchain, digital banking developments, internet-of-things use in agriculture, and more.
And to get tech news updates from across Asia-Pacific via social media, mobile app, Instagram and more, check Startup News Asia’s channels.
- Indonesia: Flip secures $48M with wide range of fintech services, including focus on interbank transfers, the dominant payment method in the country’s digital economy
- Joint Exhibition & Junction of Startup Landscape in Indonesia commences December 13th, a 3-month online networking event and roadshow
- Binance reportedly in talks with Indonesia’s wealthiest family and state-owned telco around establishing a cryptocurrency trading exchange
- Indonesia: Binance blockchain and crypto infrastructure firm inks JV with consortium led by MDI Ventures for new Indonesia-based digital asset exchange
- Indonesia: Alibaba Cloud x KrASIA Global Startup Accelerator unveil finalists for the second Indonesia Demo Day, set to present on December 21st
- Indonesia: Cakap education-tech firm raises $10M using artificial intelligence and machine learning to provide more personalized learning for users
- Indonesia: An intro to CeriTech, using IoT to monitor the coffee production process from planting to final product
- Indonesia: An overview of digital banking developments in the country over 2021
- Hong Kong’s WeLab fintech unicorn raises $240M to buy Indonesia’s Bank Jasa Jakarta, aiming to launch digital bank for the country’s huge unbanked population
Startup News Asia’s other editions go out on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, and by mobile app, e-newsletter and in Medium.
Hit the links below to get today’s tech startup news from across Asia, and beyond, on your preferred platform.